seventeen

George and Camille continued to see each other, with the witch complaining to her cousin that she was no longer ever invited into the Gryffindor common room, so Dorothea suspected that whatever words she assumed Fred had spoken, had been slightly listened to. Throughout January and early February, Elvira had seen Cedric twice, he'd tried to kiss her, she'd refused, saying that it wasn't fair on Cho, and secretly being furious that he had ignored her for so long. In late February, Dorothea received a letter from her mother, it contained no kind words, or sentiments of missing her daughter, but instead Clementine was telling her daughter that she and Barnaby had arranged a marriage for she and Ezra. Dorothea scanned it quickly over dinner, biting the inside of her cheek and not bothering to look around for Ezra. She crumpled the parchment and pushed it into an inside pocket of her robes, letting her head rest on her hand, listening to Elvira laughing with Camille and Manon. Ezra was inevitable, she had always known that,  but she wasn't even in her final year yet.

"What was that?" Elvira asked, noticing her friend's expression.

"Nothing," Dorothea smiled, turning away from the dark haired witch to focus on Manon flirting with Marcus and listening to Camille speak to Leila.

Oliver Wood walked behind the pair, and dropped a note in front of Elvira, the witches looked at each other, confused, and unfolded it, subtly reading it under the table.

Got word that quidditch training starts in a couple weeks, apparently only for our year since next year is our last year of games - Mcgonagall mentioned something about a Holyhead coach coming in September. Thought you'd want to know - pitch is open and uncovered tonight. Please don't tell Flint until next week, Mcgonagall is keeping it from Snape until then - ha. I have permission to go down there tonight - you obviously don't. Fancy a game?

Dorothea looked at Elvira completely confused, and muttered.

"Since when does Wood want to play quidditch with you?"

She shrugged, "I bet the twins said to invite me." Even despite the awkwardness around her and Cedric, Elvira still grew closer to the Gryffindor boys. It was a nice change from the feeling of Slytherin. Of course, she was fine around Dorothea, but with everyone else, there was always a slight hint of judgment. Comparing her housemates to the Weasleys, who were also pureblood and sacred twenty eight, was utterly confusing.

"You and your bloody Gryffindors."

"Fancy it then, game with the Gryffindors?" Elvira grinned, leaning into Dorothea.

The witch, who was supposed to be attending Hogsmeade with Ezra in the morning, sighed reluctantly. She had missed quidditch.

"Shall we ask Lil?" Dorotea asked quietly, knowing the girl was also a keen player.

Elvira pulled a face, "do we have to?"

"Well, who do they have on their team?"

The dark haired witch grinned and jumped up, "leave it with me."

"Wood!" Elvira called from where she had jogged out of the hall after him.

The tall wizard smiled at her, stopping when she reached him, he looked around and spoke in a low voice, "you coming?"

"Thea too," she nodded and he chuckled, "the boys will be so annoyed."

"Only cause their bludgers never hit her," she grinned. "Who else is coming? Thea wanted to ask Lilith?"

Oliver raised his eyebrows, noticing that the witch seemed to share his lack of enthusiasm, and nodded his head to the twins who both grinned and put their arms around Elvira, "ready for a Gryffindor beating, this evening, Elvira?" George asked, winking.