CHAPTER 3

On a cold night, just a few days before school started. Harry was teaching Violet how to use the spell Lumos, a charm that creates light by illuminating the tip of the spell caster's wand. The Dursleys were asleep. The spell kept disturbing them as Vernon kept coming inside to check but before he'd open the door the siblings hugged each other and slept tight, after doing the same thing for the fourth time Violet yawns and Harry chuckles and decides that they should go to sleep.
The next morning they wake up and head down stairs after fresioning up. Petunia asks Violet to open the door for Marjorie Dursley, Vernon's sister. She enters inside after giving the wet umbrella to Violet with her ugly fat pug she dears very much. She greets Petunia and Dudley but as soon as she see's the Potter siblings she asks rudely "You're both still here, are you?". Violet nods and Harry says "YES". She then talks to Vernon about how ungrateful the siblings were and told him that they'd be dropped off to an orphanage if they were left at her doorstep. Violet and Harry were serving the Dursleys dinner and discussing about what Lily and James Potter did for a living. Marge says that its all bad blood and it will wash out. Not being able to listen anymore Harry yells "MY FATHER WAS NOT A DRUNK AND MY MOTHER IS NOT BAD BLOOD!!". A tear rolls down Violet's cheek. And suddenly Marge starts blowing up like a balloon. She starts Screaming and everything become a mess Harry pulls Violet and goes upstairs she asks him crying "Harry! We're done for. Why are you taking the trunk out??". He says "We're going away! Anywhere but here is fine!". They go downstairs and see Vernon. He asks them to bring her back, but Harry says he's going away, Vernon says they have no where to go. Harry shows him the wand and threatens him to move out of his way. Violet starts sobbing once they get out and she grabs his shirt and stops him near the park. He drops the trunk and hugs her, comforts her and says "You're such a baby. Stop crying now, my shoulder's all wet". Violet giggles and says "What's going to happen to her?" Pointing at the sky where Marge was. Harry sighs and tells her that calling someone a mudblood is very bad. Suddenly the atmosphere turns cold and Harry pulls his wand out incase of any danger. They see a black scary dog in the bushes. But suddenly again they get knocked down because of bus. The bus conductor introduces himself as Stan Stanphy he looks at the two and asks them what they were doing down there seeing them knocked down. Harry says "Well I didn't do itt on purpose" As the conductor gives Violet a hand. The siblings look in the bushes again but see nothing. Then the conductor tells them to get in and not let the grass grow. After boarding the bus, it takes off in the fastest speed. Harry and Violet look at each other knowing that they were going to talk about what they had just witnessed. On their way to the Leaky Cauldron they talk about SIRIUS BLACK who had managed to get out of Askhaban and how he was a loyal servant of Voldemort. They get off the bus after the hectic ride. Violet was creeped out this was so different for her as most of her first year at Hogwarts she was in the hospital wing, petrified. And most of all she hated changes and preferred to lead a quite and silent life.

They enter the place where they are greeted by Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic who tells Harry how irresponsible it was of him to run away from home with his little sister, with a killer on the loose. He also says that he had already bought all the books needed for both of them and will be sent to their rooms. They rent rooms and await the start of school. They both very tired decide to go to sleep for now and talk about everything else the next day. Harry goes to his room and goes to sleep. Violet on the other hand, washes her face and sits on the bed and opens one of her books and starts reading it. Right then she sees an owl by the window, she goes up to it and takes the letter, the bird flies away. She assumes it was from Luna or Ginny and places it on the night stand and continues reading the book. When she feels drowsy she reaches her hand out to keep the book on the stand but drops the letter. Frustrated she gets up and picks it up, to her surprise the letter neither was from Ginny nor Luna, it was a letter from DRACO MALFOY. She opens the envelope and finds a beautiful heart shaped rose quartz pendant with a rose gold chain. Her jaw drops when she reads the letter.

Dear Violet,

I'm writing to you to wish you a very happy birthday!! My present isn't that great but I hope you like it kid. I honestly didn't know what to gift a girly little girl. Yet, I've tried my best. It's not fair though that I wish you a happy birthday and give you presents, when you were dead asleep on mine and didn't even bother to wish me after getting up. Also, I'm writing to you to warn you, you must be careful at all times don't run around like an elf, stick to crowds where ever you are and to your asshole brother, hope to meet you soon pea brain, I have more surprises for you at Hogwarts.

- With love,
  Malfoy.

(P.S LET'S ALL ASSUME THAT THIS YEAR SCHOOL STARTS IN JAN AND NOT IN SEPT)

She couldn't believe what she was reading, Malfoy was so exceptionally kind to her, she didn't remember her birthday herself. He was the first person who she had received a present from on her birthday. She was so shocked she quickly put everything back inside and closed it and keeps it inside the book she was reading in utter disbelief. And as soon as possible tries to go to sleep.
Midnight, she gets up from her bed, gets out of her room, walks into Harry's and sleeps beside him. He quickly realises and cuddles her to sleep since he knows she suffers from severe sleepwalking.