Confused

tw: slurs, swearing, homophobia

Heyyyyyy i'm back after like 2 monthssss plz dont hate me :) anyways I had this idea where Nico is like taught being gay is a bad thing before he goes into the lotus hotel, and then he's super confused as to why he doesn't like girls, and then... well I can't tell u that u gotta read!! ENJOYYYYYY

Nico's POV:

Flashback to 1st grade

"hey George, can I tell you something?" My friend nods and looks at me curiously. "I think you're pretty" George stands up and puts his hands on his hips "what do you mean?" I stand up too and shrug "I don't know I just think you're pretty, I think I have a crush on you" He narrows his eyes at me. "you can't have a crush on me! You're a boy like me! And boys aren't allowed to like boys!" I frown. "but I can't control my feelings! Thats what my sister always says 'let your heart decide' so I listened to her" George waved his hand at the teacher. "TEACHERRRRR! TEACHER! NICO'S A FAG!!!" The teacher looked surprised for a moment but then her face turned severe. She walked up to me. "Nico, explain yourself." I looked up with wide eyes. "I-I just said that George looks pretty!" She gasps. "Nico Di Angelo. You cannot say those words. It's disgusting and inhumane. (no its not bitch) Take it back right now." My eyes tear up. "B-But Bianca said-" My teacher smacked me with her ruler. "NICO I WILL NOT REPEAT MYSELF TAKE IT BACK THIS INSTANT." I sob "I take it back" She smacks me again before huffing and walking away. Everyone glares at me and I go to a corner and cry until mama and Bianca pick me up.

Flashback over (assume Nico is now at camp after he came back from the war)

That's all I can think about as I stare at Will Solace from across the field. I shake my head. No Nico, It's wrong to like boys. I focus on my sword. I could've fought better during the war. My form was off, I was out of shape, and I was too focused on Percy. I wish the Hunters of Artemis accepted boys. So I told myself that the moment I got back to camp I would train really hard so I would never be useless again. I kept my word. And it's been hard. and lonely, but I know that friends will just distract me. And then I also won't have to think about the fact that i'm attracted to boys. If I get any friends then i'll have to tell them. Then they'll leave and i'll get hurt all over again.

Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain in my arm. "ow!" I look down and realize i've been so caught up in thought, I slashed myself with my sword. I curse and put pressure on the wound. Dammit, it's deep. I look around. Hoping nobody saw. But of course, It's just my luck that Will Solace decided to look over just as I cut myself, and now he's running over with a med kit and a determined expression. My eyes widen and I try to hide behind a dummy. But of course, that idiot finds me. "DI ANGELOOOOOO!!" I yelp as he drags me out towards him. "you can't hide from me!" I look at him, confused. "how do you know my name?" Will laughs and my heart flips. Stop it Nico. "Your kinda a war hero now, everybody knows who you are!" I make a face. "I'm no war hero." He rolls his pret- HIS EYES! His EYES. "Sureeeee. So there just happens to be another Nico Di Angelo who just happened to come stampeding in followed by a zombie skeleton army and the literal God of death?"

I huff but don't argue. "I can take care of myself. You have better things to worry about." I start walking away but Will grabs my wrist. "nuh-uh Di Angelo, I saw that cut, its deep!"

I sigh. "I'm fine Will, thanks though. Now please leave me alone." I yanks my wrist out of his grip. A look of hurt flashes though his eyes. Oh shit. Now he's gonna hate me too. I quickly turn and start walking away, trying to shake off the guilt. I suddenly feel my thoughts shifting. No! Not here! I can hear the voices, and I know I'm about to have a flashback. I run as fast as I can back to my cabin. I made it to the front porch before the thoughts overtook me.