chapter 6 the delivery

A/N its been awhile just remember all conversations between issei and umbris are telapathic unless stated otherwise
It's been one month since the end of the last chapter, and Issei has been consistently training his powers. Although he hasn't unlocked any new abilities, he is becoming more skilled with the ones he has. During this time, a new girl came to live with them. His sister claimed she was a foreign exchange student, but Issei knew the truth—she was another devil. Despite this revelation, Issei remained indifferent as he was occupied with his rigorous training and a significant ghostwriting project for a big American studio, which was paying handsomely.

Issei sat at his desk, writing, "Holy shit, I'm finally done. Thought I'd never finish," and leaned back, cracking his neck.

Umbris commented, "Finally, I thought you'd never finish that blasted thing. You've spent the last week working on it, and we haven't trained. You even skipped school."

Issei replied, "Umbris, I know you've been a little stir-crazy lately, but this is a huge opportunity for us. If we nail this gig, I can finally move out, and we won't have to be constantly suppressing. I hate it; I feel like a balloon about to burst."

Umbris expressed concern, "I know, my boy. I suppose it would be convenient to have our own residence. I just think you went a little overboard."

Issei conceded, "Fair enough. Screw it; let's go for a walk. I could use some fresh air."

Umbris agreed, "A great idea, my boy. Let's go right now."

Issei teased, "Okay, okay, I'm going. You dork."

Umbris retorted, "Hey, I'm still the living embodiment of fear. I should be respected."

Issei chuckled, "I'll treat you like some primordial being when you act like one."

Umbris huffed, "Hmph."

Issei grinned, "Now let's get going; I need to stretch my legs."

As Issei was putting on his shoes, his mother, Miki, approached him, asking him to bring a bento box to his sister. Issei, annoyed, negotiated for $15 worth of yen. He took the money and the lunchbox, grumbling, "Got it. See you around, I guess."

Miki sighed, "Be safe. Love you."

Issei replied sarcastically, "Uh-huh, sure you do," and walked out the door, declaring, "Well then, buddy, guess we're going to the devil's den."

Umbris expressed concern, "I don't like this. What if they realize you aren't normal and corner you?"

Issei reassured, "It'll be fine. Worst case, I breathe nightmares and escape."

Umbris pointed out, "They know where you live."

Issei acknowledged, "Uh, good point. I'll be extra careful."

Umbris concluded, "Alright, I'll trust your judgment on this one, my boy."

Issei made his way to the orc building, arriving at a creepy abandoned mansion. Inside, he marveled, "Jeez, Umbris, you seeing this? This club building's nicer than our house."

Umbris explained, "That's Hell's Princess for you, only the finest."

Issei nodded, "Heh, yeah. Anyway, I should probably find her now," and called out, "Hello, anyone here? Damn, no response. I guess she's not here."

As Issei was about to leave, he heard faint voices from upstairs. Sighing, he thought, "I wish I didn't value my word," and followed the noise to a room upstairs.

Issei proceeded towards the source of the noise, a room upstairs. He knocked on the wooden door, and it almost immediately fell silent. A few seconds later, a blonde-haired boy opened the door, revealing himself as Kiba, the school's resident prince charming.

Kiba: Hello, can I help you?

Issei: Uh, yeah, is Ichika here?

Kiba: Why?

Issei: I'm her brother; the dumbass left her lunch at home. I'm here to give it to her.

Rias: Oh, Issei, what a pleasant surprise! Oh, Ichika, you have a visitor! She yelled out in an almost sing-song voice; it was clearly an act, Issei thought, playing the sweet rich girl facade she desired everyone at her school to think of her as.

Ichika: Who is it, Prez? She said, walking into the room, her expression souring as she saw Issei. Oh, it's you.

Issei: Yep, it's me. Here's your lunch, he said, tossing the box to her.

Ichika: Oh, thanks, I guess.

Issei: Yeah, whatever. I'm out; I've done my job.

Rias: Why don't you stay for a cup of tea? I would be a terrible host if I didn't offer my guest refreshments.

Issei: I'm not really a guest, more like a delivery guy. So thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna decline; I have plans I'm heading to. This was just a quick detour, he said with a sickly sweet demeanor he hated using.

Rias: Oh, I understand. Well, don't be a stranger; come by sometime. I've heard you're quite the horror expert.

Issei: Heh, I am a connoisseur. I just might take you up on that offer. As he said this, he thought to himself that there's no chance in hell he would ever come back here willingly. He felt the eyes of the others piercing him like daggers, ready to pounce and defend their mistress like a pack of wolves. But one glare was especially strong, a short white-haired girl he could only assume was a 1st year, staring at him intently, almost obsessively following every slight move he made.

Issei: Anyways, I've gotta go now; goodbye, have a nice day, he said as he moved out of the room and shut the door. The ones in the room heard his rushed movements as he exited the house. As soon as she was confident he was out of earshot, Rias looked at her rook, one question on her mind.

Rias: Why do you look so shaken up, Koneko?

Koneko: He's not human, the girl said bluntly, a hint of fear in her voice. I don't know what he is, but he is not a normal human. He's filled with dark energy.

Everyone else: Huh, what?

Rias: Shouldn't we have felt it if he has so much dark energy?

Koneko: No, he was suppressing it almost perfectly; it even took me some time to see it. I have no clue what he is, but that guy shouldn't be taken lightly.

Ichika: There's no way in hell he's something supernatural; he's just some loner freak.

Rias: Trust Koneko, Ichika. If she says he's not normal, he's not normal.

Ichika: I guess I'll trust the cutie's instinct then, she said as she looked at Koneko with a lustful gaze, most likely imagining her in some compromising situation.

Koneko: Eyes to yourself, perv.

Ichika: Embarrassed. Sorry.

Rias: It seems we'll have to keep a close eye on him.