Chapter 3

Being entranced by a dream is never a good thing. Zhuo Shixue knew this, but she could never control herself. At times, she would wonder whether some device had been implanted in her brain – why else would she dream about something like this?

......

Good girl. Come here.

Perched on top of a stool, the other woman gazed down at her in disdain as though she were observing some lowly lifeform. Zhuo Shixue found herself on the ground, as if she were a lapdog the woman had trained. Whatever the other woman said, she'd have to obey, unable to resist.

Raise your hips. Ah, look at how captivating your body is. Aren't you tempting?

She crawled to the woman's side. The woman whispered in her ear, "Say it. Tell me you love me, that you want me to control you."

Though she'd initially kept her lips sealed, as soon as the other woman issued the command, she obediently spoke the exact words she had been instructed to say. After she finished, she blinked. Her glazed-over eyes were entirely focused on worshipping the woman before her. She lowered her head to lick the woman's feet and crawled onto her body. The other woman gently caressed Zhuo Shixue's body and whispered something filthy in her ear.

"Did you really think I'd want you like this?"

The other woman laughed and pushed her off, just like that. Her head collided with the ground. Her head was buzzing, but she immediately pushed herself up and began crawling over to the woman again despite the bruises she had just sustained.

"Please... please... Please want me..."

"Alright. Go to the kitchen and stick your hand in the blender."

She obediently followed the woman's instructions, her lifeless eyes devoid of any expression as she entered the kitchen. She stuck her hand in the blender, typically used for making juices, and turned it on.

It immediately mangled her hand. The pain spread through her entire body. She screamed in pain, but she had no way of removing her hand from the blender.

"Ahh!!!" Zhuo Shixue screamed.

Her entire body was drenched in sweat. She stared in horror at both of her hands, only to find them both perfectly intact and unharmed. It was all just a dream. She wasn't here... she wasn't here. It was just a dream. Just a dream!

She shot up in her bed, clutching her forehead. She looked at the clock. It was three in the morning.

"It wasn't her that paid. It must've been a mistake. A mistake. Maybe it was a surprise that Xia Tong prepared for me..."

"I've run so far away. How could she have possibly found me? Impossible, impossible! There's no way she knows I'm here."

She must've looked insane as she mumbled to herself, her head in her blankets, but the birds outside had already begun chirping. It was daytime.

——————————————————————

Zhuo Shixue was your typical office worker. She was kept busy with her work. She was actually nobody of note within the company, and her position was easily replaceable. She was just a cog in the machine, diligently carrying out her tasks to avoid being replaced. Sometimes, she'd be given work to complete by her colleagues that wasn't part of her responsibilities, but she'd still finish it without arguing, just to maintain good relations with the other workers. Zhuo Shixue was fully aware that she didn't have to complete this work. She always knew she could march over to the other person's desk, slam the files down, and snap, "Fuck you! This is your fucking responsibility. Do it yourself!" The other person would be taken aback, but they'd never burden her with their tasks again.