Prologue 1: Welcome to the villain's world

The plain fields in Galar have always been a familiar place to Victoria Bright as she reminisces of her past time working on the fields. For 7 years, she had been an assistant researcher for pokemon professors all over the world, going from region to region, studying pokemon and traveling to different places, now she's coming back to Galar because a familiar professor had asked her a favor.

  "It has been quite a while, hasn't it?" she chuckled, the resonance of her laughter echoing through the afternoon hues as she swiftly dashed through the fields on top of her Miraidon. She had just gone back from Paldea, hence the legendary pokemon.

  "Cinccino?" Her most trusted partner, Cinccino, pokes its head out of her neck, its long tail currently wrapped around Victoria's shoulder for support.

  Before, Victoria doesn't exactly understand everything the chinchilla pokemon said, but after a certain incident in Hisui, she can clearly know what her partner is talking about.  "We're going to meet them soon, Cinccino." Victoria chuckled, her black hair flowing against the wind. "Then we'll be on our merry way."

  Soon, they got to a familiar house, a place where Victoria knew quite well, as she used to live and work for the resident in the house after all. Getting off her Miraidon, she knocked on the door.

  "Coming! Oh Victoria! You're here!"

  "Hello Sonia, nice to meet you again too." She smiled at the ginger woman.

  "It's Professor Sonia now, kid." Sonia pouted before she let out a hefty laugh and pulled the younger girl inside. "Come on in! Grandma would be thrilled to see you."

  The laboratory of both professor Magnolia and Sonia didn't change much after Victoria had left for her next adventure except for a few more papers now that Sonia is a real professor now, but other than that, Victoria still recognized the familiar place.

  "Ah, I see you are still healthy." An old woman spoke up.

  "Professor Magnolia!" Victoria immediately perked up at the lady. "It has been a while, has it?"

  "Indeed." The professor nodded before getting straight to the point. "Now, did you bring what we told you to?"

  "I did!" Victoria answers before taking out a large stone tablet with ancient languages engraved on it from her bag. "Here you go, the stone tablet that was newly found in Crown Tundra."

  "Amazing!" Professor Sonia's eyes shine at the sight of the tablet. "The ancient words are still very visible, that means that we can translate them immediately! Thank you so much Victoria!"

  "I'm happy to help." Victoria grinned. "Welp, if my job is finished now then I'm off!"

  Seeing the girl about to leave, Sonia immediately grabbed her wrist.

  "Wait!"

  "Huh? What's wrong?" The dark haired girl asked.

  "Are you ok? You know, after the..." Sonia trailed off.

  "Ah."

  Of course, people would have known what had happened to professor Turo, after all, a sudden disappearance of a well known professor will surely leave everyone wondering, and it's only a matter of time for the truth to come out.

  "I hope Arven is doing alright." She thought before turning back to the worried professor in front of her.

  "Don't worry professor Sonia, I'm fine." She gave the ginger a reassuring smile. "Besides, you know it's not my first time dealing with stuff like this."