EPILOGUE

The void remained—an endless expanse of swirling darkness punctuated only by the two figures standing defiant against its vastness. The blonde, her hair a cascade of molten gold, stood tall and serene, a stark contrast to the red-headed woman beside her. The red, vibrant even in the gloom, crackled with nervous energy, her hands clenching and unclenching.

"I need to go," she finally blurted, her voice taut with urgency. "Bryce needs me."

The blonde tilted her head, a playful smile dancing on her lips. "Can't I be the one to waltz into Prythian? That Shadowsinger...he looks positively delicious."

The red-haired woman's growl was feral, the sound echoing in the void. The blonde chuckled, waving away the anger with a casual hand. "Don't be so dramatic. It's not my fault your siblings are idiots."

Eyes pleaded, blue and luminous even in the darkness. "But I can't save Ruhn from the Asteri. You have to be the one to retrieve him from the Eternal City."

The blond sighed. With a slow, deliberate motion, she began buckling the dark armor that clung to her form, each click a promise, a vow.

"Alright," she finally said, her voice firm yet laced with a hint of affection. "I'll get Ruhn. You make sure Bryce gets back in one piece. Understand?"

The redhead nodded, tears shimmering in her eyes. As their hands clasped, a surge of energy crackled between them, a silent pact forged in desperation. Then, with a blinding flash of light and a ripple in the fabric of darkness, red vanished, leaving the blonde alone in the void.

The darkness held no fear for her. It was the light, the fragile hope she carried, that she truly protected. And with a final glance at the spot where her friend, her sister, had disappeared, the blonde stepped forward, her boots echoing in the void as she walked towards the unknown, towards the Eternal City, towards the battle that awaited.

⭐|🌙|⭐

The air in the Hewn City cell was thick with tension, the dim light highlighting the stark contrast between Azriel's imposing form and the defiant glow radiating from the red-haired woman before him. "Explain or die," he growled, Truth-Teller humming with power in his hand.

But before another word could be spoken, the world around them blurred. A powerful impact sent Azriel sprawling, his wings failing to arrest the sudden fall. A guttural growl echoed in the room, drawing everyone's attention to the new figure in front of Bryce Quinlan.

Azriel's hazel eyes widened.

She was devastatingly beautiful, this newcomer, with her features etched in a fury that sent shivers down his spine. Red hair flowed around her like a living flames, framing a face that could have been carved by the gods themselves. Her eyes, a deep blue that mirrored Rhysand's own, held a chilling intelligence.

"Stay away from her," the female commanded, her voice laced with steel.

Chaos erupted.

Rhys, enraged by the intrusion, lashed out with his shadows. But unlike anything they had ever witnessed, different shadows surged from the newcomer's hands. Darker, more vicious shadows that tore into the ones from Rhys, hissing and writhing like serpents.

"I am not here to fight, High Lord," the female announced, her voice cutting through the clamor. "Look into my mind if you have to. I'm just here for my sister."

Silence descended as they were filled with shock and disbelief. How did she know his title, his abilities? Rhys hesitated, then plunged into her mind, seeking truth amidst the storm of emotions. The tension in the room was palpable, broken only by Azriel rising to his feet, Truth-Teller held tight.

Finally, Rhys emerged from the mental exploration, a slow smile spreading across his face. "Well," he finally spoke, his voice laden with intrigue. "It seems we have much to discuss. Welcome to the Night Court, Princess Ileana Zohar Danaan, Crown Princess of the Valbaran Fae."

He bowed, a gesture of surprising deference. Amren and Azriel exchanged stunned glances. The revelation hung heavy in the air, laden with questions and possibilities. A new player had entered the game, and her arrival promised to shake the very foundations of Prythian.