𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬

Interviewer: xxfrozenhibaxx 

Author: LORAINEJD

Book: The Avallon Chronicles

Mode of interview: Google forms

Hello Author! How are you feeling today?

I'm feeling ecstatic about this second interview ♥︎

Alright, let's talk about your book now! Where did you get the idea to write this book? Any specific dedication to someone/something?The Avallon Chronicles was actually written when I was on high school. That was the time when I was inspired by a movie about princesses and magic. The title and the plot itself changed over time. It was originally written as Princess's Dreams and my classmates were my first readers. That time I wrote it on my notebook as a story with musical parts and they borrowed it. After several months, after I entered it on book awards, I learned a lot about plotting. I changed the majority of the plot, as well as the characters' names to be unique and the title became The Chronicles of Enchantria, later Enchantria Chronicles. 

After several years, I was inspired by several other epic fantasy stories like Lord of the Rings and many more. That was the time when The Avallon Chronicles came to rise. I dedicate the book to my readers. I want them to see how I created my own fantasy world and experience the life of my characters. ✨️

I love the blurb of your book and the cover is amazing as well! Would you like to tell your viewers about the book?First of all, thank you for the comment about the blurb and cover!♡ I would like to mention the one who made the cover, my friend pasterlskies15 through her graphics shop. 

 What I can say about the book is that it is really full of adventure. They will learn to navigate the characters' lives and personalities. They will also experience my own created world, Enchantria. Expect a lot of twists as well.

 I want to tell the viewers that I put a lot of efforts with the book, like any other authors dedicated to their works. Since English is not my first language and Show not Tell is really challenging for me, I researched a lot, including the words with deep vocabulary. I actually wrote words related to my story from a thick dictionary and put them on my notebook. Besides those, several drafts were placed on my other notebooks. 

 It was my first time writing fantasy and a pure English book and it was really a challenge for me. I also did my own vocabulary (Enchantrian words) and you will encounter most of them when you read my book. It actually has a series but I'm still editing the book until now. If you love fantasy, adventure, thriller, mystery, action, and drama, you might like to check out my book ♡

Alright! Tell us something about your favorite character and why is it your favorite character.

My favorite character on the movies is Hermione Granger. She is pretty much like me. If you know the character from Harry Potter, perhaps you will all know most of my characteristics.

I noticed a long list of glossary at the start of the book. Tell us something about it.That's my tool to help my readers, also to help me, keep track on the names, Enchantrian words, and other words on my book. For me, it became easier for me to remember those things whenever I forgot.

That's a good idea!Could you explain why you divided your book into parts, author?

It was my first time creating a novel that has 50,000 plus words. The book is divided into parts because every parts contain several events related to each other. Part 1 is pretty much the story of how the curse was brought to the main character, Cithara. It was the story about Varelor, the main antagonist. Part 2 is about Cithara's introduction then Part 3 is about Wil, the newly-chosen heir of the Elven Realm, and his journey to find the Avallons and meeting Cithara. Part 4 continues to other parts with different stories.

According to you, what are the key elements our young author should take a note of while writing a fantasy genre?The key element that young authors like me should take note are: Patience: Do not quit. If you have little amount of readers, continue writing! Your time to shine will come! This also applies to deeper things while writing. Inspiration: This is a thing that kept me moving (writing and editing) up until now. Passion: Writing this type of genre my involve your passion for writing and writing a book with the genre itself. Endurance: Endure the criticisms and trials while writing. Determination: You'll need a lot of things (researching, worldbuilding, creating magic systems, etc) and you'll need this to carry on. 

 Remember PIPED and through this, I hope I helped you become fantasy writers as well. ♥︎

I noticed the reader's guide and how beautifully you have thought about each and everything. Is it purely your imagination? Yes, it's crafted from my playful and artistic mind itself. I've been fascinated with kingdoms and several elements of nature back when I was on my elementary days, and now, I came out of the plan to make my own fantasy world as well.

Fantasy is tough to write, how do you bring/think of ideas and how do you arrange them in your book?I think ideas with first knowing and creating the plot. After that, I let myself craft the stories and happenings that will come on my way until it fits the planned plot. I write mostly what ideas comes up inside my mind while writing the novel. After several chapters that finally hit a certain chapter on the planned plot, I'll reread it again and revise what needs to be revised.

You mentioned a prophecy about a portal in your chapter, 'Untold Prophecies'. This seems to be a major plot twist, how did you think of it? I think of my books as a movie, especially when I am writing a chapter. I want to let my readers being curious, hooking them to continue reading the book. They cannot know the real essence of the story if they don't continue reading the chapters. Every chapter in my book is connected and everything that has mysterious vibes will be soon exposed and explained as the story goes. Most will be explained indirectly.

That's creative! Alright! Do you have something to say to your readers?

WhatI want to say to my readers is Thank you very much for reading my book. If you want to say criticisms or suggestions to help me improve, don't hesitate to talk to me or comment on my book. I'd really appreciate it if you did! I would like to also hear those so that I could not bring you down on my book and on my other books as well.

That marks an end to our interview! Thank you, AuthorThank you so much for this second interview, too.