✿ TO BE WORRIED ✿

ALAIA

"I-I don't get it. What do you mean by that?" He asked back.

I licked my dry lips. "I mean what if I'll never be able to get pregnant because of uh, you know endometriosis?"

His grip on the steering wheel tightened and he opened his mouth to say something only to shut it back. A momentarily pause fell between us, an uncomfortable one if I may add.

"Do you plan to have an affair in future?"

"What?" I pinched my brows together.

"Are you going to sleep with another man?" He stressed on his words.

"What? No. No. I didn't mean it like
that-"

"I'm a public figure, I know that there's nothing between us but I hope you keep in mind that you're wife of Agastya Singhania. I don't want any scandal in future."

I grit my teeth at his words and wondered that how can someone be this dumb? Why couldn't he think that I was talking about us? The possibility of me having his child?

"Don't worry, I'm very well aware about whose wife I'm." I said in anger and get out of his car once we reached his home.

I closed the door behind me rather harshly and when he came out, I faced him. "And I hope I can expect the same from you though you've clearly told me not to expect anything from you." I muttered and rushed to my room.

Once inside, I exhaled a deep breath and all of sudden, tears gathered in my eyelids. I felt so stupid.

I wish I had someone with whom I can talk. It feels so lonely and scary. This stupid emotion stirring inside my heart is so weird and funny. I was actually worried about not being able to pregnant? Why? Let's first ponder about the fact that Agastya is never going to touch me. He considered me merely his liability.

But how can he even think that I'll sleep with another man when I'm clearly married to him? I'm not that low. I believe in the institution of marriage. I wear vermillion and nuptial chain of his name, how can he even -

And then I realised something which made my heart break in the worst way. If he ever sees my tape, he'd be disgusted with me. He's not going to believe me that I was under the influence of drugs and was forced to participate in sleeping with four people at once. It seems like everything was consensual in the tape.

Agastya will be repulsed to touch me.

I shook my head and wiped my tears, scared of the direction my thoughts are taking me to.

I washed my face and change my clothes into cotton saree.

After spending an hour or so, I decided to forget everything and cook food to calm my mind. I entered into kitchen and took out cottage cheese from the refrigerator.

I played an old Bollywood melody and forced myself to smile. It's okay. Everything's okay, Alaia.

Ek din aap yu hamko mil jayege

Phul hi phul raho me khil jayege

Maine socha na tha