Chapter 3: Ripples

UNICORNS' BASE
9:45 A.M. Tuesday

Base Announcer:
          The clean up at the abandon research base wrapped up nicely. All of the Hunters had returned to UNICORNS safetly. As expected, no threat levels higher than A rank were detected in the area affected by the Metaflux explosion. The back-up team cleared out the remaining Wanderers and didn't encounter any more danger.

Hearing those announcement put you at ease. You are about to sit down when Tara shows up in front of you.

Tara:
          By the way, did we get anything from the data we sent back to HQ?

Y/N:
          They said Data Analysis would conduct another investigation. We have to wait for the results before assuming anything.

Tara:
          It was kinda scary now that I'm thinking about it. I'm glad you're okay.

Y/N:
          You should do a reading for me. Maybe my luck's also pretty good today!

Tara:
          You're still in the mood to crack jokes? ( pout ) I've been trying to contact you for a while, and I was just about to try every method possible. Both scientific and mystical!

The bright screen on the wall suddenly dims. Captain Jenna emerges from a hidden door.

Jenna:
          Finally, we meet face-to-face, UNICORNS recruits.

Everyone falls silent under her commanding gaze.

Jenna:
          I am relieve to see that everyone has returned in one piece. Your performance was recorded and uploaded to our database by the Hunter's Watch each one of you is wearing. UNICORNS only choose the best of the best. The squad will take that into consideration and assign you to the appropriate sector.
          In the foreseeable future, the difficulty of your assignments, nature of your work, and scope of your missions will correspond to your sectors role and responsibilities. The uncertainty and fear we need to be prepared to face is far greater than what we've seen today. This means we need to have an open mind, remain flexible, and have trustworthy allies.
          As for yesterday's mission . . . I have to say that it was executed very well. Thank you.

With those words, Jenna smiles briefly, looks around, and then slips behind the hidden door. The room's lights turn on and are followed by beeps from the Hunter's Watches. One after another, everyone erupts into a frenzy.

Base Announcer:
          Mission data analyzed. Please report to your respective sector at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow.

You looked at Tara as she reads her Hunter's Watch.

Tara:
          Sector: Data Analysis. Captain: Andrew. Wow, Data Analysis! Yesterday's fortune was right! Well???? What does yours say?

You look at your own watch. Under the UNICORNS section, it says -

Y/N:
          Sector: Alpha Team. Captain: Jenna.

Tara:
          You're working directly under Jenna? Wow . . . Can I visit you in the future whenever I want?

Y/N: ( Smirk )
          Are you sure you're not using that as an excuse to gawk at Captain Jenna?

Tara: ( Rolled her eyes )
          I have two eyes. I can look at you and her at the same time, right?

Y/N:
          . . . Oh, you.