02 dominik

boyfriend? dominik thought. his heart sunk a little at her words. it sunk even more at how happy she seemed with him. sure he knew she was "talking" with a guy on campus, but she never made it sound serious.
dominik also saw a few girls here and there, but it was never serious. he just was looking for a quick hook up and then that was it pretty much. he always had his eyes on daniella.
"dom, can you help me and anthony with some of my stuff?" daniella asked sticking her bottom lip out, she knew the pouty face always got to him.
he pushed her face away rolling his eyes, "just because i'm a gentleman."
"dominik! don't you push her like that!" angie scolded, lightly smacking his arm.
"mamá, she knows i'm messing with her," he huffed, hopping off the couch and following daniella and anthony to her car to get the rest of her belongings.
dominik grabbed a big tote, and headed inside to daniella's room, it looked so empty without all her stuff in there. he was so used to her guitar, and keyboard being in the corner, along with strings of pictures cluttering up the walls.
he headed back down to get another box from her trunk, when he got back to her room he overhead them talking.
"i'm just saying danni, i don't like how close you are with him, it makes me uncomfortable," anthony griped, "i don't care he's your friend, but don't treat him like a boyfriend."
"ant, you know i love you, but i've known dom forever, he helped me get through my fathers death, he's like my platonic soulmate," daniella sighed.
well ouch. that was the hardest friend zoning anyone could probably get. he thought to himself.
"just tone it down with him," anthony replied, his voice stern, there was a small bang against the door, followed by a little "okay" from daniella.
at this point dominik decided to walk in and see what was going on.
"is everything okay in here?" he asked, looking from daniella to anthony.
"yeah dom, we were just talking," daniella smiled, her eyes told a different story though.
"i think we'll finish this up," anthony said, "thanks for your help man."
"uh yeah anytime," he replied, "text me when you're all unpacked and wanna hang out danni."
"okie dokie."