ONE. strike first

➜ strike first ⛧

strike first

    When attending West Valley High School, there isn't much to do except skate, read or gossip. Out of all three options Mackenzie Alexopoulos spent her spare time reading. Her mother raised her and Demertri to be these bright minds, but it was more her brother who pursued that path.

    Even though Kenzie loved solving the questions in front of the class, she absolutely hated the names Yasmine and her minions would call her. Mackenzie eventually outgrew that stage.

    Nonetheless, she maintained a close relationship with her brother. Sticking by his side every single day. Both of them were adopted by their mother, Faith, who was an angel sent from heaven.

    Mackenzie was extremely fortunate to grow up with such a wonderful, free-spirited woman. She had always felt like she belonged in her family.

    Kenzie has always appreciated having a brother; it is like having a built-in best friend. But things change once you reach high school.

    Her and Demetri were very close; they shared some interests and always tried to stay close at school.

    They somehow ended up in the same clique. This was fantastic for Demetri, but humiliating for Mackenzie. Especially if you go to school with Yasmine, Moon, and Sam.

     They were similar to the plastics in mean girls at West Valley High. With Yasmine in charge, they set out to ruin the twin's life.

    "Sup nerds." Mackenzie taunts as she sets her lunch tray down on the table, taking a seat in between Demetri and his best friend, Eli.

    "And you decided to go with the ponytails today. Great choice, I wonder what the Sanderson sisters have to say about that."

    Demetri smirks back, hinting at the trio a few tables away from them. "Hey! What's wrong with my hair?" Mackenzie glides her hand over her hairstyle, pouting her lips.

    Her hairstyles were her expressions. As well as her face. "I think they look nice." Eli muttered under his breath as he shyly tucks away.

    "Why thank you. At least someone appreciates my look." Mackenzie smiles to herself as she gracefully peals the skin off of her orange. Chucking the pieces onto her lunch tray.

    "Hey can I sit here?" An unfamiliar face approaches the quiet table. Demetri and Mackenzie give a shocking look at each other.

    "Mmh, I'll have to put you on the waiting list because as you can see we're currently packed." He sarcastically says.

    Which the boy took literally and began walking in a different direction, "Wait! He was just joking!" Mackenzie stopped him.