FOUR. fight or flight

➜ fight or flight ⛧

fight or flight

Kenzie hadn't talked to anyone since last week, she had barely even interacted with her own brother. But it was for the better.

She walked into school, hoping to have an easy day. Even though her mood wasn't her strongest point, she still managed to have a great hair day.

Mackenzie walked through the busy halls with her head down. As she took a turn, a couple of students on the stair case were snorting and acting like pigs as they all walked past Aisha — who was unfortunately this week's topic.

All Mackenzie could do was feel sorry for the poor girl, it wasn't like she was able to do anything at this point. Plus, she'd hate to be next week's topic.

She continued to walk, as Aisha reached the end of the stair case. Mackenzie built up to courage to actually say something. But not to her bullies of course.

"Hey, Aisha right?"

She started making conversation. "Yep or you could just call me Piggy, Miss Piggy or even Cheeto Pig."

Aisha sarcastically smiled as she opened her locker door. "They're just a bunch of idiots with no future ahead of them. I guarantee you, they won't graduate."

Mackenzie says hoping to make the go to laugh which unfortunately failed. "Thanks but you're not really helping." Aisha exclaims reaching for her books.

"Sorry, I just know how you feel." She sighs.

"Oh, so people make comments on your weight and how much you eat?" Aisha's voice grew. "What— No sorry that's not what I meant." Mackenzie withdrew her words.

"Wow. Thanks so much for helping." Aisha fumes before slamming her locker door shut and storming off. "Aisha!"

    Mackenzie's day had gone off on the wrong foot

Mackenzie's day had gone off on the wrong foot. She wanted at least one day full of peace and quiet but whenever she's around — there is never peace and quiet.