Meeting the ATEEZ family

It had happened suddenly. Not many people knew it but the four members of Ateez had kids, one son each. Some of them had not even known until quite recently and some of them had been raising their sons for the past six or seven years. 

Seongwha was the oldest of the children at seven years old. He sometimes did not act like a kid unless he was with San and then he was actually acting like he was seven. He was a sweet soul and even though sometimes he did enjoy teasing his friends, he was gentle and very caring towards them also. He did not like seeing anyone hurt or sad. 

And then the six year olds: Yeosang, Mingi and Wooyoung. Despite all being the same age, they could not be more different from each other. Mingi and Yeosang were the shyer type, mostly going along with whatever Wooyoung wanted to do because they didn't know how to say no to him. He was the maknae and they bowed down to his every want and desire. If anyone got into the most trouble, it was Wooyoung. Hongjoong actually felt somewhat bad for San, having a bratty child like Wooyoung. Of course, that was not to say that the other three could not be testy or bratty sometimes also. They were kids; that was their job. 

"Kim Seongwha!" Hongjoong searched carefully through the house, only missing one room because he did not think that Seongwha would be in there. Of course, knowing Seongwha, that was exactly where he went but Hongjoong did not know that. 

"He's in my room" San walked past, holding Wooyoung upside down. The kid was giggling but judging by the look on San's face, he should not be because he was about to get in trouble. Hongjoong thanked San and went to find his own kid. 

"Seongwha" Hongjoong walked into the room, quickly locating his kid in the corner of the closet. 

"I didn't mean for that kid to get hurt" Seongwha already had tears in his eyes, looking up at Hongjoong.

"Come here" Hongjoong held his arms out and Seongwha ran to him, letting himself be picked up and carried to his room with Mingi. 

"Can you tell me what happened at the school today?" Hongjoong sat down on Seongwha's bed, holding the oldest kid in his arms. 

"I pushed a kid because he refused to give my friend his doll back. That's all" Seongwha explained. There was nothing else to it. 

"And why did this kid take your friends doll?" Hongjoong had a good idea that he knew the answer but he wanted to be sure.

"Because my friend is a boy" Seongwha nodded once, like that made perfect sense to him. Hongjoong breathed in and out once. He had to proceed carefully with this. On one hand, he understood why Seongwha would defend his friend but on the other hand, Hongjoong did not want his kid growing up thinking that hitting or pushing someone would solve everything. 

"Okay. I am proud of you for defending your friend and you did the right thing by defending him. But it is not okay to push people or hit them. Do you understand?" Hongjoong needed to make sure that Seongwha understood before continuing.

"Yeah. Am I in trouble?" Seongwha nodded. He had a feeling he would be and that was okay. Even though he thought the kid deserved it, Seongwha did feel somewhat bad for pushing his friend's bully. 

"Only a little bit. You and I are going to go downstairs together and I want you to sit at the table for seven minutes. No talking and no getting up, just sit there and think about why you are in trouble" Hongjoong stood up again.

"I thought timeouts were just to get us to calm down" Seongwha pointed out. Hongjoong smiled to himself; of course his kid would be the one to argue about getting an easy punishment.

"Well would you rather get a spanking?" Hongjoong stated. Seongwha's eyes got wide and he shook his head quickly. 

"I'll go!" Seongwha wriggled out of Hongjoong's arms and ran downstairs, sitting at the table. It was pretty quiet for a while until Wooyoung came in and went straight to Seongwha.

"Why are you sitting here?" Wooyoung stood right beside the older boy's chair. Seongwha looked at Hongjoong, who was watching. 

"Hyung!" Wooyoung poked Seongwha again but still got no response so he ran over to Hongjoong.

"Samchon! Hyungie is ignoring me!" Wooyoung whined, pointing to Seongwha. Hongjoong picked him up and set him on the counter.

"Your hyung is in a bit of trouble right now and I told him to sit quietly at the table. That's why he's not answering you. He's not ignoring you, he's just doing what I told him to" Hongjoong explained. Wooyoung's mouth opened into a small 'o' and he nodded, running back over to Seongwha.

"Did you get spanked?" Wooyoung whispered. Seongwha glared at him and then glanced at Hongjoong. Luckily, San walked in at that moment and heard the question.

"Yah! Choi Wooyoung, that is not an appropriate question to ask. Go play!" San was holding back a laugh, not wanting to make Seongwha upset. Wooyoung shrugged and ran off.

"Can I get up now?" Seongwha wondered. 

"No talking. You still have four minutes" Hongjoong answered quickly. Seongwha groaned loudly and put his head down on the table to hopefully fall asleep for the next four minutes, so he didn't have to wait. As soon as those four minutes had gone past, Seongwha got up nad ran over to Hongjoong, hugging him.

"I'm sorry for getting in trouble at school" Seongwha's words were slightly muffled due to pressing his face into Hongjoong's shirt. 

"But not for what you did?" Hongjoong guessed. Seongwha was quiet for a moment.

"No. I'd do it again" Seongwha admitted. Honestly, Hongjoong could not blame him for that. He would probably have done the same. 

"Alright, go play" Hongjoong watched him go. There were still four people missing but as long as Hongjoong didn't see Mingi or Yeosang wandering around by themselves, he didn't really care and was going to continue to assume that Yunho and Jongho were with their kids. 

_______________________________
Ugh, I feel like this is really bad and short. I'm not really sure what to do with this so if you have any ideas, feel free to tell me. Thank you!
Hongjoong. 28
Seongwha. 7

Yunho. 27
Mingi. 6

San. 27
Wooyoung. 6

Jongho. 26
Yeosang. 6