Dangerous and fun

Seongwha tried to stay quiet as he snuck into the kitchen. He could smell something cooking and he had a pretty good idea that one of his uncles or dad was cooking and he couldn't wait to try whatever it was they had going. What he didn't expect of course was to find his three dongsaengs gathered around the stove, watching a pot very closely as if it would explode if they turned away for even a second. 

"What are you cooking?" Seongwha crossed his arms. It was a common rule that none of the boys were allowed to touch the stove without supervision: even Seongwha. 

"Ahh, hyung!" Wooyoung squealed, moving away from the stove. Mingi and Yeosang just stared with big eyes at the older kid.

"I asked a question" Seongwha stated, reminding his little brothers that they were not supposed to be even near the stove, let alone using it. 

"We were hungry" Mingi stated, sticking his lower lip out.

"Your not going to tell on us, are you?" Wooyoung wondered. Seongwha pretended to think about it but he had already made up his mind.

"Nope. Scooch over" Seongwha walked over, jumping up onto the counter and supervising the younger boys. They were in the middle of making sure the pot didn't boil over when there was the sound of someone coughing to get their attention behind the three boys and Seongwha, Mingi, Wooyoung and Yeosang all froze. Seongwha turned around slowly.

"Hehe, hi uncle Sannie" Seongwha giggled nervously. Wooyoung stepped off the stool that he and Mingi were crowded on. Yeosang had been on the stool too but he had climbed onto the counter once Seongwha showed up, who was also sitting on the counter. 

"What are you doing?" San knew what they were doing but he wanted to see if they would be honest or try to cover it up.

"We um....wanted to surprise you, uncles and appa with lunch?" Yeosang hummed, kicking his legs back and forth. 

"Yeah!" Mingi nodded along so Wooyoung and Seongwha did too. Power in unity! San bit back a smile. It was funny that they were all going along with Yeosang's lie but he didn't want them to think that lying was amusing because it wasn't. Actually it was, it was really hilarious, and they were all so adorable, he just didn't want any of them making a habit of it. And he knew that Hongjoong, Yunho, and Jongho wouldn't want lying to become a habit either. Although, it may be too late for Yeosang. 

"Boys..." San warned. 

"Alright! We were hungry and none of you were around so we decided to make our own food! But hyung had no idea, he only came in after we had already started" Wooyoung explained. Seongwha appreciated the effort but he was just as responsible as his dongsaengs. And of course, it had to be San that caught them. Besides Hongjoong, San was the worst person to get caught by when breaking the rules. At least with Yunho or even Jongho, the four boys had a chance of worming their way out of trouble. 

"You boys know the rules" San scolded.

"We know!" Seongwha jumped off the counter, helping Yeosang down also. San walked over, turning the stove off and looking at what they were making. For a bunch of kids with no prior cooking experience, they actually did pretty good. 

"Well if you knew, then why did you do it?" San wondered, tilting Seongwha's head up to look at him. 

"I don't know. Like Wooyoung said, we were hungry and you weren't around" Seongwha shrugged. 

"That's not an excuse, Seongwha. And you know it" San chided softly. Seongwha hung his head. 

"Are you going to tell?" Seongwha wondered. San hesitated; he really should but there was no harm done and he knew that hte boys would be more careful in the future. They rarely ever repeated the same mistake twice, they just came up with new ones to replace the old ones. 

"No, not this time. But if this ever happens again, I'll have no choice but to tell" San decided. Seongwha, Yeosang and Mingi looked at each other, relieved and surprised. Wooyoung was the only one not celebrating.

"What's wrong Woo?" Seongwha wondered, noticing his dongsaeng's lack of celebration.

"I'm still in trouble" Wooyoung pouted. San picked him up, holding him in one arm.

"No, my little troublemaker, your not. It wouldn't be fair for those three to get away with it and not you. Your getting a second chance, so use it wisely" San told him. Wooyoung's face lit up and he wriggled to be let down, taking part in celebrating with his cousins.

Unfortunately, Wooyoung didn't use his second chance wisely. And neither did Yeosang, Seongwha or Mingi. They couldn't help it. They loved cooking now that they had done it once. 

"What is going on in here!?" Jongho walked in this time. Yeosang froze in the middle of stirring the pot. Mingi backed himself into a corner and Wooyoung shrunk down into a small ball. Seongwha slowly backed out of the room, running right into Hongjoong, Yunho and San. It was his turn to become a statue. Jongho turned the stove off and grabbed Yeosang's arm, looking him over.

"Are you hurt?" Jongho wondered. Yeosang shook his head. He was completely fine, at least physically. They all were.

"Someone want to explain what's happening?" Hongjoong put both hands on Seongwha's shoulders, keeping him where he was. San sighed. He had warned the boys and they still did it.

"There's something else hyung. I caught them cooking without any of us a few days ago but I agreed not to tell because I didn't want them getting in trouble but I told them that if it happened again, I would say something" San explained. Hongjoong looked down at Seongwha, even more disappointed now. 

Spank Spank Spank Spank Spank 

"Oww!" Yeosang put his hands behind him, tears gathering in his eyes. 

"Don't you start! You know better, Choi Yeosang!" Jongho scolded, harshly. Yeosang started crying and covered his eyes. Wooyoung was still trying to make himself as small as possible in the corner of the cupboards, whimpering when San walked over and picked him up, swatting him twice. Yunho motioned Mingi over, who hesitated a little but had no choice. 

"Seongwha, I want you to go wait for me in your room" Hongjoong looked down sternly at his only child. Seongwha nodded and walked off. Yunho, Jongho, and Hongjoong left with their kids so it was only San and Wooyoung in the room.

"Youngie, look at me" San tapped Wooyoung's cheek. Wooyoung sniffled and lifted his head. 

"Your not in trouble. Not anymore, but no more cooking without supervision and that does not include Seongwha. He is still too young to be cooking when an adult's not around. It's dangerous, do you understand?" San lectured. Wooyoung nodded, burying his face back in San's shirt. The man just patted his back and let Wooyoung cry. 

Upstairs, Jongho was still looking down at Yeosang. 

"I'm sorry" Yeosang whimpered, still wiping his tears. Jongho relaxed; he couldn't stay mad at his kid. He knelt down on the floor and held his arms out, wrapping Yeosang up in a hug when the child ran to him.

"It's okay, my little angel" Jongho kissed his head, standing up with Yeosang still in his arms. It was safe to say, none of the four boys ever went near the stove again until they were at least eleven and didn't need adult supervision. 

________________________________________
Hongjoong. 28
Seongwha. 7

Yunho. 27
Mingi. 6

San. 27
Wooyoung. 6

Jongho. 26
Yeosang. 6