Playing with fire

"What is that?" Yeosang pointed to the object in Wooyoung's hands, getting closer so he could look at the object more closely. 

"I don't know. I found it in samchon's room. It makes fire" Wooyoung moved his finger expertly over the little clicker and a small flame burst out. Yeosang jumped back a little.

"You should put it back. We're not supposed to play with matches" Yeosang tried not to let his voice shake too much, not wanting to show that he was nervous.

"But it's not a match! Matches are made of wood, this isn't!" Wooyoung's eyes were shining as he snapped the lighter shut. 

"You shouldn't have that!" Yeosang was much more worried now, for his cousin more than anything. 

"Why not? It's harmless" Wooyoung insisted. Yeosang did not think it was harmless and he started to slowly back out of the room but Wooyoung quickly stopped him. 

"Hand me a piece of paper, will you?" Wooyoung demanded. Yeosang had to admit, he was slightly intrigued so he did what Wooyoung said and watched the paper go up in flames.

"Oops" Wooyoung giggled.

"What?" Yeosang panicked and checked to make sure that no little ashes or burnt pieces of paper had fallen.

"That was my math homework that you handed me" Wooyoung didn't seem too bothered by that.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Yeosang decided that if Wooyoung wasn't going to be bothered, then he wouldn't be either.

"Don't be. I wasn't planning on doing it anyways. Hand me the trashcan so I can put this down before it burns my hand" Wooyoung ordered and Yeosang listened without question. Both boys began to panic though when instead of slowly dying out, the fire began to grow in the waste basket and get higher and higher.

"Um...what do we do?" Wooyoung questioned.

"How am I supposed to know? I've never touched a lighter before. Do we pour water on it?" Yeosang shrugged.

"I guess so" Wooyoung went to the bathroom, filling a cup up with water and then pouring it on the fire. It only made things worse. Yeosang burst into tears and tried to leave to find an adult but it was too late. 

"What is that?" Jongho looked at Wooyoung and then Yeosang.

"He did it! I just wandered in" Yeosang was crying inconsolably but he knew that they were about to get in trouble and he was not taking the fall for Wooyoung's stupid idea. 

"You were just as intrigued as I was" Wooyoung retorted, glaring at his friend. Jongho grabbed Yeosang's arm, making him cry even louder and walked over to the trashcan, pouring more water on it which quickly extinguished the growing flames. Then he took Wooyoung's hand and led both boys downstairs. 

"San-hyung!" Jongho yelled, knowing San would hear him.

"What is it?" San appeared, worried. Jongho handed Wooyoung over to him.

"Talk to your kid about the dangers of playing with matches and lighters" Jongho instructed, picking up Yeosang and taking him somewhere else. The first thing he needed to do was get the kid to calm down and then they could talk about playing with fire. 

"Breathe, Sangie. I'm not mad and your not in trouble, right now" Jongho urged the kid, rubbing his back.

"But I will be!" Yeosang sobbed. Well, at least he was self-aware. 

"Yeah, unfortunately you will" Jongho was not going to lie to the kid. That would only cause more problems later on. Yeosang wailed loudly. He had known he was going to be in trouble the moment he bumped into Jongho but hearing it only made things more obvious and realistic and he hated it. 

"But only because you know better and you should have come to get me or one of your uncles the moment that you saw Youngie with the lighter. Do you understand me?" Jongho added. 

"Yeah, I understand. I'm sorry" Yeosang sniffled, trying to calm down. Jongho ruffled his hair. 

"What's the punishment for putting oneself or others in danger?" Jongho hated to move on, especially when Yeosang was still so worked up but they needed to get this over with and enjoy the rest of the day.

"A spanking" Yeosang hiccupped. Jongho nodded and picked him up.

"Don't worry, it'll be over soon" Jongho promised him. Most people thought that he was the strictest and coldest of the four guys but in reality, he was actually quite soft and understanding especially when it came to his kid. Hongjoong was actually the strictest one, along with San, but they were all pretty much the same: consumed by their love for their kids. It was no secret amongst them that the four kids had their dads wrapped around their fingers. Maybe Seongwha, Mingi, Wooyoung and Yeosang didn't realize it yet but it was true. 

A moment later, Yeosang was sitting on Jongho's lap with a sore bottom and tears streaming down his face. 

"Do you understand why I spanked you, Sangie?" Jongho wondered. 

"Because I could've gotten hurt and I didn't come get you right away" Yeosang muttered, pouting. Jongho lifted him up, pressing a light kiss to the corner of Yeosang's eye, where his birthmark was. 

"I love you too much to lose you, okay?" Jongho told him. Yeosang buried himself further in his dad's arms and continued to cry until he had fallen asleep, tired from the emotional rollercoaster of the past few minutes. Jongho carried him downstairs and was greeted with Wooyoung running from San, a mix of laughing and crying because Jongho couldn't tell the difference at the moment. San was running after him, looking hysterical and very angry. Jongho just sighed and went back upstairs with Yeosang in his arms, extremely glad that Yeosang was nothing like Wooyoung. 

Hongjoong. 28
Seongwha. 7

Yunho. 27
Mingi. 6

San. 27
Wooyoung. 6

Jongho. 26
Yeosang. 6