Chapter 1 - Fate and...Another World...!?

Ugh...where...am I...last thing I remember was...a faint light...it was warm and inviting, then...there was a warm voice calling out for me...

Waking up, however...I was instead greeted with a rather harsher light...and a faint voice...

I'm sorry...

An apology...but why...where am-

"He's awake...doctor...!"

A girl...?

Holding out my hand, I felt something...it's...something like a card...

Fully opening my eyes, I then looked around, what was I doing here...where am I...

"You're awake, good. Kikuchi Kage-san."

Who is this guy talking to...

"Where am I...?"

I asked, I was concerned...mainly because...

I don't remember anything...

"You're at the hospital, this girl here saved you by bringing you here."

What...?

"This card was next to you when my friends and I found you. Luckily, you weren't too hurt, but what happened?"

She asked me.

"I...don't know...last thing I remember was a faint light...then someone apologized to me..."

But other than that...

"But...who am I...? Where am I...? And how did I...get here..."

The two people in front of me looked at each other, before looking back at me, all with a concerned look on their faces.

"You...really don't remember anything...?"

The doctor asked me.

I then looked at them, trying to stand up, the doctor stopped me and got me to lay back down.

"Just take it easy..."

The girl said, this time, she was concerned for me, but...

"I don't know how to say this but...I'm assuming these were your parents but..."

Scratching the back of his head, he was trying his best to try and explain what happened.

"Your parents are gone, they were found next to you, probably protecting you from what happened but...this card was the only thing you held onto."

Wait a minute, parents...I think...something is flooding back...

I see now...

This is...

"I want to ask, what's the date, and what's the year...?"

I asked, confusing them with my question.

"It's June 8, 2019."

The doctor said.

This confirms it...last I remember, the world was still recovering from a global pandemic, not only did I travel back in time, but this vibe...this really feels like another world...

"What's my name...?"

I asked.

"So you really can't remember anything...but it seems you still talk. Your name is Kikuchi Kage, you go to Hanasakigawa's Private Boy's Academy, and you're 17, but you're turning 18 this November 2."

He said, reading my information off of his checklist.

"Excuse me, but can I borrow a mirror?"

I asked, they obliged and handed me a small makeup mirror and I saw my face.