𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Enid perched on a fence, observing Grover as he toiled to clean up horse droppings. "Okay, if I understand correctly, Percy's mother is in the Underworld with Hades, and Mr. D punished you because you told Percy?" she clarified.

Grover sighed wearily. "Yeah, believe me, he really didn't like it," he confirmed, his boredom evident as he continued his task. The stench grew unbearable for both children, prompting Enid to cover her nose and mouth, feigning nausea. Grover glanced at the horse in disgust. "Dude, what have you been eating? I'm not trying to antagonize you. I'm just genuinely curious."

The sudden interruption of Percy's voice drew their attention. "Hey," he greeted them.

Enid and Grover exchanged a glance before Grover responded, "Hey. Sorry we missed your selection ceremony. I've been, you know...shoveling his poop."

"Yeah, and I just genuinely didn't care, so..." Enid shrugged nonchalantly as she hopped off the fence.

Grover shot her a reproachful look before addressing Percy again. "Sorry, she doesn't mean that."

Percy waved off the apology. "No, I'm sorry about that. I guess Mr. D wasn't too happy you told me about my mom," he remarked, gesturing towards the horse.

"No, he was not," Grover replied solemnly, continuing to clean up the horse poop. Percy glanced at Enid, who avoided his gaze. Grover then turned back to Percy. "So, who'd you choose to go with you?"

A sudden smile lit up Percy's face. "You two."

Enid frowned as she looked at Grover, who nervously laughed. "Funny. No, seriously, who'd you choose?"

"I chose you," Percy repeated with a shrug and a serious expression.

Enid blinked in confusion. "Why?"

"I need someone to push me down a flight of stairs for the mission to succeed and who won't hesitate when they do it," Percy explained after a moment of hesitation, his gaze shifting between Enid and Grover. "And Grover, I trust you. And right now, nothing's more important than that."

Enid's gaze shifted to Grover, who appeared touched by Percy's words. The satyr nodded with a proud and determined look. "I'm gonna pack the best snacks."

Percy beamed with pride, and both boys turned to Enid with hopeful expressions. Enid glanced between Grover and Percy before sighing. "I'm gonna go prepare my arrows."

Enid joined Percy and Grover at the top of the hill, her presence announced by the loud thud of her bag hitting the ground. Percy raised an eyebrow. "You know we're not going on vacation but on a mission, right?"

"No kidding, Goldilocks," Enid retorted, catching her breath and placing her hands on her hips. "I only took half of what I needed."

"Half?" Percy scoffed, glancing at Grover. "I can't even imagine if you brought everything you need."

Enid leaned towards Grover. "Your boyfriend's funny, but you should tell him that if he doesn't shut up, I'll take care of it."

"Come on, guys," Grover pleaded, stepping between the two of them to diffuse the argument.

Ignoring Percy, Enid turned her attention to Annabeth in the distance, standing in front of a tree. Percy glanced at Annabeth. "She's really gonna miss that tree, huh?"