12_ the duel

Lenore

"How's your project with you know who going?" Padma asks as we finish dinner and walk out of the Great Hall.

"Don't even get me started," I sigh.

"He doesn't let me do shit, even though my work is just as good as his."

"I'm so sorry, I hate group projects too."

"You should've taken alchemy with me," I joke, knowing that she hated the subject, even if she was amazing at it.

"I'd rather deal with Hagrid's blast-ended-skrewts," she chuckles.

"Um no, remember when one of them almost took my head off?" I laugh with her.

"Should we play some exploding snap when we get back?" She asks.

"Yes! I finally have time now that Dueling Club is cancelled."

The Professors said they needed the room for something, so this meeting was called off.

I was a little disappointed, but it did give me time to finish all of my homework today.

"Great, I have some snacks too-" She replies until another interrupts.

"Dalton!" A deep voice calls.

I give Padma a look before I turn to Nott.

What does this prat want now?

"Just because dueling is cancelled doesn't mean you get to back out of our bet," he smirks.

Shit. I thought he would've forgotten about that.

"Yes it does, Nott," I roll my eyes. "There's no more seventh-year session, so there's no duel."

"Unless you cancelled it? So we wouldn't have to duel?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, because every decision I make revolves around you," I say sarcastically.

He only chuckles, "One day it will, cara mia."

"Highly doubt that," I mumble.

"Then come on, just one duel. We planned it for today, remember?" He adds with a sparkle in his eye, somehow knowing that I hate cancelling plans no matter what it is.

"Later today. I'm busy right now."

"Fine, then I guess I'll have to tell Snape that you really did steal the potion-"

"Blackmailing me over a duel, Nott?" I say in disbelief.

He shrugs, a smile creeping over his face.

"Keeps things interesting, doesn't it?"

I glance over at Padma, who gives me a look asking if I need her help or not.

"Fine," I finally say.

I turn to Padma, whispering so Nott can't hear, "We can debrief after."