14_ secret sibling

Lenore

I'm waiting in the library for Nott, and it's already been over 15 minutes. And he's the one that suggested the time to meet this evening.

I finished all my work already too, so the most I can do is either sit here for him to probably never show up—since all he cares about is himself— or leave.

I'm just about to get up when he walks in from the other side of the library, clearly sweating and out of breath.

"Don't even ask where I was," he glares as he sits down abruptly.

"I didn't say anything," I reply.

"No, but you were thinking it, weren't you," he mumbles.

He sighs and then continues, "Malfoy made us stay longer for practice again."

"Again? Does he expect you to sleep on the pitch?"

He gives the slightest grin at this. "Apparently."

"So he thinks you're going to lose to Ravenclaw, huh," I say.

"No, his ego is just too big to lose again."

"Maybe he needs to be humbled again."

"Yeah, because that wouldn't piss him off," he says, "With Malfoy, if he's mad then he makes it everyone's problem."

"Seems like him," I shrug.

"I think I'd even take Potter as a captain instead," he remarks.

"Really?" I chuckle and raise my eyebrows.

"If it doesn't mean waking up before sunrise for practice, then yeah."

Now that he mentions that, I realize that he does look more tired than before.

Not that much, but his eyes look sleepier.

I'm about to suggest talking to Malfoy or something before he changes the subject.

"Anyways, forget about it—we have the project to work on."

"Right..." I almost want to give my advice anyways, but I decide against it.

"So have you done anything else since last time?" I ask.

"Yeah, here," he passes me the parchment.

"Please, don't say how shitty it is. I was half-asleep when I did it so I already know," he sighs, all hint of teasing and snide remarks gone.

I skim the paper and—honestly—I wouldn't have even been able to tell.

It was a litter less meticulous than his work usually is, but I have to admit I was impressed.

"Well?" He asks, his sharp tone back in an instant.

"It's great, we're head of track now—"

"Great, huh?" He says with a smirk.

"Great that we're ahead, dummy."