then

It was a Saturday.

"Have you seen it?" I asked.

He shook his head and helped me look for a jacket I couldn't find.

He went downstairs and I followed him. He stopped and turned around, looking at me like he was half expecting this and half amused. Which he probably was.

"How can it be right there?" I muttered and he smiled before replying "I don't know, I guess it just appeared here to make you mad."

I rolled my eyes and he gave me the jacket. I felt something in the pocket and opened it to check what it was. It was just a lip gloss. Why did I have that in my pocket? I didn't even wear lip gloss that much.

"You should wear it," he said.

"Why?"

"It'd look pretty on you."

"It'd look prettier on you," I said closing the pocket and going back upstairs, leaving the jacket there.

He followed me, "you think?"

"You look good in everything." I placed the lip gloss with my other makeup supplies, "you would look amazing with the simple makeup I do when I have the motivation."

I tried to leave the bathroom to put away the jacket but he didn't let me, "you think?"

What was his problem??

"Yes Ethen, I think. I'm a person with a mind. Let me through."

"Can you put makeup on me, then?" he replied, ignoring my teasing.

I stared at him hard, "really? Wouldn't that hurt your ego??"

He frowned with a smile, "you like it when I'm masculine but you also like it when I'm feminine, you told me that yourself. So if you think I'd look amazing with makeup, then I want to try wearing makeup" he said, "also, I'm offended you would even ask that as if I had such a fragile ego, without any remorse, too."

I kissed him on the cheek, "aw, sorry."

I tried to get out again and he prevented me from doing so, again. "Tease me one more time, I swear."

"What are you gonna do, mmh?" I smirked.

He gazed at me and suddenly picked me up, carrying me to the counter and placing me there. He pulled me to him and our noses touched, "do my makeup, please," he whispered.

I sighed and tried to think. He knew what he was doing at that moment. All those looks he threw at me, he knew I was head over heels for him and I wasn't exactly hiding it either. He knew I was insanely attracted to him. This was an act of revenge because I had been teasing him all day. He wanted to prove a point, to show me that yes, he was absolutely crazy when it came to me, but that I had to remember it went both ways.

This dumbass. How could I ever forget?

He would be too pretty if I did his makeup. He would use it in his favor. I knew it. But I still picked up the things I needed to start.

Highlighter, mascara, lip tint and lip gloss.

He came closer in between my legs and his hands moved from my hips to my thighs. He brought me closer to him as well and my breath unintentionally hitched. And he was taking advantage of it by kissing my jaw and playing with my hair.

I cleared my throat and placed my hand on his chest to push him a little. Which didn't work, but then I took his face and made him look at me, "stop moving."

I took the brush and put the slightly purple—it was such a pretty color—highlighter on him. Nose, cheeks, and of course inner eye corners. He looked even more perfect already. But I controlled my breath and stayed calm. What would I look like if I gave up and made out with him now?

I put the brush away and took the lip tint. I looked back at him and my eyes fell on his lips. I kept thinking about kissing him. So badly.

"It's a lip tint. You'll have to let it dry" I said.

He smirked very slightly and I pretended not to see it. Did I really think he wasn't up to something? Or was I just too much of a coward to stop him from doing whatever he wanted to do??

I opened the lip tint and tried to apply it as carefully as I could. And he was blushing. And I couldn't concentrate.

I closed it and placed it back on the counter before taking the mascara. I wasn't even fully facing him when he kissed me. But he did and it caught me so off guard I had to take thirty long seconds to breathe when he broke the kiss.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it."

He looked at me and his cheeks were a strong pink. And his eyes fell on my lips and he brushed them with his fingers. Then, around it. Removing the excess lip tint that had gotten on my face. I rapidly did the same for him.

I tried to stop thinking about him and concentrate on the mascara, but he wasn't helping. He would usually be my greatest help when I needed to concentrate on something. But he would willingly choose to be the opposite at times.

"Close your eyes when the brush touches your lashes, okay?"

He nodded. And he did exactly as he was told. He did it very well, and I was done with the mascara. So I took the lip gloss and put it on him as a final touch and pressed my lips together to show him how to put it everywhere. I removed the excess and looked at him.

"Am I pretty?" he asked.

I wasn't very good at makeup. I had only started doing it in the first year of high school, and I did it rarely. Not enough to actually get better at it. Yet, even with my shitty makeup skills, he looked divine.

I didn't reply but I smiled. And he insisted on putting it on me as well, so we could match. So I let him, all the while admiring him. He was so cute. He was everything.

"We should take pictures," he suggested. And we did. We had a great time taking them, too.

I fell asleep in his arms that night. And I woke up to him taking the makeup off with a wipe, being so gentle I had no idea how I even came to wake up.

"You're beautiful when you sleep," he whispered in my ear with the cutest smile, "my pretty girl."