Chapter 1

(Chapter 1) 

It was a great day walking around downtown and doing my favorite hobby, photography. It was past 8pm, I was walking through the streets of Arab Street in singapore and stumbled upon Haji Lane named after a muslim pilgrimage that's done by millions of Muslims every year, despite the name, it is a long and narrow stretch of road is crowded with Bars, Live Bands performing and hipster clothing stores and cafes. It was already 9pm, I was on my first day of work leave. I decided to go around town and take some pictures with my DSLR camera. Haji Lane is filled with locations where you can take a lot of good pictures and I loved the nightlife there. It's atmosphere was lively, the vibes euphoric and the lights dazzling.... But then as I was setting up the camera settings on the ISO and shutter speed, I could see a woman wearing a white dress dancing to the song played by the live band, the song was 'beautiful in white' by Shane Filan.  I didn't even get to look at her face yet but I was already enchanted by her dance, a mess yet still elegant and unconsciously, I snapped a photo of that moment. 

Oh shit. I thought to myself, I hoped that she didn't see that.

Well true enough, the unknown lady in the white dress who was dancing approached me,  the way she walked made me believe that she was drunk and asked me

"Hey, did you  take a picture of me? You should have asked me for permission first, tskk...."

I looked up and saw her face, ohh wow.... She's beautiful, her eyes are so captivating.... I struggled to find the correct words for a while and replied " sorry ma'am, i snapped a shot of you by accident, ma'am you seem drunk. Do you have any of your friends here to get you home? You could get into trouble here." I apologized and cautioned her.

" waeee, why do I have to drink with my friends when I can drink alone? Hmmm?  You men, you always wanna save a drunk woman don't you , you wanna be like a hero to the damsel in distress. Hmph NO MAN NO CRY! " she voiced her point.

"No ma'am, not tryna be a hero but I'm just a concerned passer-by that's all." I said. 

" ehhh.... Anyways you are my type of guy do you know that? Tall, broad shoulders and cute too hihihihi , heyy can you buy me another drink?" she pleaded with me with big eyes and a sad face like puss in boots from shrek.

Ehh screw it i never had a drink in some time so i nodded in agreement.

We went on 3 rounds of shots before I decided to call it a night but before leaving, a feeling inside me just told me to check on the lady in the white dress again.

"Excuse me ma'am I don't think you can actually get home on your own, I'm booking a GrabCar driver for me but if you need me to call one of your friends or family members to pick you up i can do that." I offered.

"screw that, i like you . Can i follow you instead hihihihi" she asked.