Author's Note

Hello to my dearest readers and the esteemed ambassadors, thank you so much for reading my book which I'm publishing for the OPEN NOVELLA CONTEST 2024.

The eye catching prompt which I have selected was narrowed down with the help of a few friends and family, all of whom assisted me in giving their honest opinions about the prompts. The process of selection of the best prompt was gruelling but equally exciting!

Upon short listing from hundred prompts to selectively five, I requested my friends and family to give their personal votes on which prompt they believe to be the best suitor. Again, the process was exciting and zealous since for several days the results remained inconclusive. However, after the final vote, the ideal prompt was chosen!

Prompt used: Prompt no. 88
Your father is forcing you to marry someone you have never met. The night before your wedding you tie your sheets together and make your escape through the window. Half way down you make eye contact with someone doing the exact same thing a few windows over.

Considering the prompt, I came up with the idea of a conservative family which does believe in arrange marriage. But in today's time, most families are not much into that custom. But what about the past?

Let me give a glimpse of what the story will be about.

The story is set in the seventeenth century, the time when the Kings and Queens ruled Europe. The Princess of England, a beauty to behold is of the age of marriage and her father, the King of England has to fulfill a promise he gave a childhood friend of another monarchy to marry his daughter with his son.

Unfortunately, Jane is not very happy with this arrangement. Neither is she interested to marry a...male.

A spark glimmers within the Princess once she meets the Princess of France, Catherine. The feeling is mutual but will their feelings be accepted by their families or will they have to make their own choice against them?

To indulge into the world of royal drama, kingdom affairs and fight for true love, join these TWO BIRDS who want to flutter away and fly high in love.

[The First Chapter will be released on 14 February 2024]

Note: This is a unique and original work of pure fiction. This book has no relation with actual names, time or places in the European history. Any similarities to other stories, real-life events or copyrighted material are purely coincidental .

Copyrights: © All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical including photocopying, recording or by any information storage or retrieval system without written permission from the author.