chapter 1:gift of the Honkai

Once upon a time, on a freezing 9th December night in the year 199X, the corridors of a prominent hospital buzzed with the hope of new life. In a secluded treatment room, a mother battled through labour, her efforts hampered by unexpected problems. Despite the attending doctor's heroic attempts, it became clear that the condition demanded competence that could only be found in a specialised facility.

With each passing moment, the mother's strength waned, and the urgency of the situation grew. Sensing the gravity of the circumstances, the attending physician made the critical decision to transfer her to a renowned hospital renowned for its expertise in high-risk deliveries. In the midst of the chaos, the father paced nervously in the waiting room, his heart heavy with worry for the well-being of his wife and unborn son.

As the ambulance sped through the downtown streets, sirens blasting, the father's anxiousness increased. Each passing second felt like an eternity as he struggled with the unknown of what was ahead. Despite the maelstrom of emotions, a flame of hope burned bright: the promise of expert care awaited them in the specialised hospital, providing a ray of hope in the face of adversity.

Upon arrival, medical personnel quickly escorted the mother to the emergency department, where a team of professionals was waiting to help. The father, left to wait in the sterile confines of the hospital waiting room, could only cling to the thin threads of hope as he prayed for his wife and his son's safe delivery.

(In the surgery room)

In the operation room, the mother's determined cries rang against the antiseptic walls as she pushed with all her might, her body aching from exertion. Despite her best efforts, the baby remained stubbornly entrenched within her womb, refusing to succumb to her fervent endeavours.

The doctor's words hung heavy in the air, casting a somber pall over the already tense atmosphere of the surgery room. With a grave expression, they addressed the mother, their voice filled with concern and compassion.

Doctor: Madam, I'm afraid that if this situation continues, you'll end up risking your life in order to deliver the baby. May I propose that you bear the agony while we seek alternative treatments options? It is critical that we take every measure to safeguard the safety of both you and your kid.

The mother's determination shone through her weary eyes, her voice barely a whisper as she spoke with unwavering resolve.

Mother:No, let's... let's keep going. Even if I'm not around anymore, I guess... I hope my husband... he'll take care of our baby. And... I don't know... I just feel so... so exhausted. Every moment that passes, it's like... like I'm losing more of myself. And... honestly, I don't think... I don't think I have the strength to... to bring a healthy baby into this world, but... but it's the last thing I want to do.

Her confession lingered thick in the air, a sad reminder of the deep sacrifices made in the name of love. Despite the terrible tiredness and suffering that threatened to consume her, she mustered the will to confront the impending ordeal full on, propelled by an indomitable spirit and unwavering faith in the power of maternal love.

The medical team, moved by the mother's fortitude and devotion, nodded solemnly, their hearts heavy with pity and respect. They guided her through the final stages of labour, providing comfort and support as she went on the most arduous journey of her life.

The mother's screams echoed through the walls of the operation room, each agonised cry a monument to her steadfast determination. Her voice carried the weight of a mother's love and sacrifice beyond the boundaries of the operating theatre.

( 15 minute later)

After what seemed like an eternity of agonising screaming, the torture came to an end. The medical team breathed a collective sigh of relief as they watched the tenacious baby come into the world, a little bundle of life amidst the pandemonium of the operating room.