~•Free•~

I waited up until my mother fell asleep. I was packed and ready and nothing could stop me now. My bag - embroidered with y/n in  (favcolour) - had all the essentials for living on the streets, money, food, blankets, a tent, school supplies, and even a painting of my late father. I'm sure if he met my stepdad, he'd run away too. I swung my bag over my shoulders, pulled up my hood and rushed outside. I also put a spare key in my bag in case I needed to return home for supplies.

However, I doubted that would happen as I was going to go as far away from here as possible. Maybe even leave town.

I walked down my street, safety keychain in hand as I fearfully rethought my actions. Perhaps this was all a mistake. I didn't really think this through. My stepdad's face flashed through my head again and gave me the confidence and energy to keep going.

Soon I found a small bench I could sleep on until morning. I tucked my safety keychain into my bra and took out my blanket to sleep under. I closed my eyes while laying on the bench and fell asleep.

When I awoke, no one was around and no one cared that there was a "homeless" girl sleeping on the bench. I didn't want to draw anymore attention to myself, so I quickly packed up my things and left. I've decided on which town Im going to walk to. Luckily I live close by. I start my journey there and hope for the best.

About 3 hours go by before I need to take a small break. I checked my phone and like a million texts from my mother.
"Geez, I didn't realise you cared that much," I sigh.
I put it away and started to walk again. It didn't take long before I reached my destination. Now all I had to do was find a place to put my tent and enrol myself into a school.

I looked at google maps and found a small forest that would be perfect. I followed the directions. I found a small clearing in the trees to set up my tent. After setting myself up and making my bed, I looked online for schools to enrol in. Luckily, there was one in town that I immediately enrolled in. I saw the school would email me with a reply in 24 hours. Now I had a chance to safely rest.