~•Animals•~

Sohma's house wasn't too far from where I set up camp. He carried my bags up to my room and set them on the floor.
"I can't thank you enough for letting me-."

CRASH

A boy who looked about our age with orange hair came crashing through the roof. He looked at Sohma with a face filled with disgust and rage before he lunged himself at him. I jumped forward, knocking into him.

"Please don't fight!" I looked down at the ground next to where I landed.
An orange cat arched his back at me, hissing.
"Wait... what?! Where did he go? AND WHERE'D THIS CAT COME FROM?"

I picked him up, ignoring the hissing. I turned around quickly, only to knock into Shigure who transformed into a grey dog.

"A-another one?" I took a step back and knocked into Sohma. I took a deep breath and checked to see if he had transformed as well. A grey rat stood beside my hand.
"They're all animals?!"

I screamed before hearing the doorbell. I quickly grabbed the dog, cat, and rat in my arms and ran to the front door.

"Hello, oh wow that's a lot of pets you've got." The mailman smiled kindly.
"They're all animals..." I panted.
"I just need you to sign here."
Shigure, as a dog, took the pen and signed the parcel, holding the pen in his mouth.
"Oh what a good boy!" The mailman gushed. "Well I'll be seeing you." He said before leaving.

"Who even is she?!" The cat grumbled as I sat in the floor beside each of them.
"If you hadn't spoken, we could've explained this!" Sohma groaned.
"Explained?! How would we even explain this? Why do you even have a girl in your house?!"
"Because she doesn't have anywhere else to go."
Shigure noticed my confusion.
"Y/n, we and 10 other members of our family are possessed by a zodiac spirit and when we are hugged by the opposite sex, we transform into our respective animals. I, the dog, Yuki, the rat, and Kyo, the cat." He explained. "And any second now, we'll transform back... completely naked."
I shriek and cover my eyes quickly as they each transform back.

🎀 🎀 🎀

"So she's going to cook and clean the house because her parents are abusive?" Kyo asked with a slight groan.
"Yes, and you better be nice to her. You can start by fixing the roof in her room." Shigure scolded him.
"Ughh, fine," Kyo side eyed Shigure. "But are you sure Akito's fine with it?"
Shigure nodded. "I asked him earlier and he said he's okay with it."
I placed down a plate in front of Kyo and the others before sitting down to eat with them. We ate, mostly in silence before Sohma broke it.
"So, will Kyo be attending our school?"
"I hope not." He mumbled.
"Yes, I'm going to sort out his enrolment." Shigure smiled cheekily.
"Are you serious!" Kyo bursted out.
"Can't he go somewhere else?" Sohma sighed.
"Please don't fight again!" I pleaded.