~•Trespassing•~

I satt up inside my sleeping bag and stretched.
"Let's check my emails to see if I was accepted into the school," I yawned. "HUH?! I know I was checking my emails, but I didn't expect to receive an answer that quick."
I read the email and squealed with excitement as I saw my acceptance. I was finally starting a new life. One without my abusive stepdad and submissive mother. I could finally do what I wanted.

I got out of bed and got dressed. I needed to time how long it would take me to walk there so I knew what time to leave. I padlocked the two zippers of my tent together and tapped on the "start timer" on my phone.

The forest was beautiful in the morning. The sounds of birds tweeting and fluttering to another tree made the walk relaxing. Until I reached the edge of the forest. I checked my stopwatch 30.01.
"It's already been thirty minutes?!" I exclaimed.

I kept on walking, while in town, I looked at everything I came across. 47.00. The town was much better and bigger than my old one and by far more interesting. 55.00. I was really glad I chose here of all places.

I reached the school gates and stopped my timer. 60.35. It had taken just over an hour to reach school. I took a mental note of that before walking to a nearby cafe. Luckily I saved some money from chores and a previous job.

🎀 🎀 🎀

It was my first day. I woke up and got dressed into the school uniform. I left my tent an hour and a half before school would start to give me time. On my way there, I must've gotten lost as I ended up in front of a house. On the porch, there were 12 figurines of the Chinese zodiac.

"Oh how adorable!" I had always adored the figurines.
"I know, right?" A sudden voice was heard from in front of me and I jumped. "Sorry, did I startle you?"
"No, no, it's fine!" I said, flustered. "I couldn't help but notice that you're missing one."
"I am?" The man said, recounting the figurines.
"Yes, the year of the cat..."
"Are you talking to a high school girl, you pervert?" Another boy, about my age stood behind the man and swung his school bag at him.
"Oww, what's in there? Dictionaries?" The man whined, rubbing his head.
"I'm sorry, was he bothering you?" The boy asked me.
"No, I was just admiring these figurines."
"Wait, I haven't seen you around school before."
"Oh, it's my first day, I kind of got lost."
"I'll take you. My name is Sohma Yuki." Sohma smiled, "And this is my cousin, Shigure."
"Nice to meet you two."
Sohma walked passed me and waved his hand, gesturing me to follow. So I did. And before long we made it to school. I thanked him and ran to my classroom, worried I was late. Luckily I was just in time. Sohma was also in my class.
🎀 🎀 🎀

After school, I walked back home with Sohma. He had asked where I lived and I told him that I lived in the forest by his house. He seemed confused at first which I didn't understand, but he let me walk to my tent alone. I walked in and zipped up, until I was hit by a dizzy spell. I decided I could use fresh air, so I unzipped my tent to see Shigure and Sohma. Shigure started laughing and crying and Sohma just looked shocked.
"U-uhm... what are you guys doing here?" I asked.
"Well this is actually our land, so you're trespassing." Shigure informed me.
"I am?! I'm so sorry! I had no idea. I'll pack up right now." I grabbed my bag and started shoving things in.
"Wait, why do you live here? Where are your parents?" Sohma asked.
"Oh, my father died when I was younger... and my stepdad. Well, he's abusive. So I ran away." I sighed.
"Well, why don't you come live with us until you sort out better living arrangements or your parents find you?" Sohma offered.
"No, I couldn't possibly burden you like that."
"Don't worry about it." Sohma helped me pack up my things and walked me to his place.

A/N: This was rushed because it is late at night and I had an online doctors consultation. I'm sorry about the amount of dialogue too, I tend to put too much sometimes, lol.

 I'm sorry about the amount of dialogue too, I tend to put too much sometimes, lol