The King.

After the betrayal of Error, Zero was now training with Line, Line was happy to take on a role of a "mentor", he never was one before. Zero went into the house that Line lived in...sometimes. He wasn't ever there for a long time, I guess that's the life of an Alternative Universe traveller. There were items laid out in lines. The only thing that differed from the rest was the VHS, that glowed red.

"What is this?"

"I set this up for the next step of your training."

"What's this VHS tape?"

"...An artifact I want to give Science soon, please don't touch it. It's kinda...strange...well, just like all of his artifacts. I just don't know how ethical it is to give it away."

"Huh...? ...Okay, the dust too? Where did you get that?"

"Eh, one of the timelines I was into could basically spawn accurate dust."

so you will teach me how I can travel AUs? Calling you is such a pain." Even if they did install a necessary button on the device to call Line, Zero didn't like depending on someone...not again. "Can't Science make a device that lets me teleport trough them or something?"

"...That seems like a good idea actually, I'll tell him that. Not sure how much time it will take though, for example, how will you choose the AU you can teleport to?"

"...hm. Saying it out loud?"

"That's not useful in a battle at all. And if it's just for travel...I don't see why you can't wait for a bit."

"We could code a specific language for it to work, only that I would understand."

"I think it's easier to teach you..." Line pointed to Zero's hand. "You can almost make a portal that fits your hand trough. A little more and maybe you'll be able to make portals that your whole body can enter. And you won't be able to teleport to the place that produces that strange feeling of yours with a device."

Zero only sighed, as Line already set up things that he would pick up in this AU from the portals. Zero managed to be quite good at that. Line teleported him to another AU, to test out his portal capabilities. "I'll be right back. If anything happens or you need my help, just call me. Alright?"

Zero has answered in an affirmative. He trained...and trained...and trained...He guessed he had a problem sometimes, he just didn't know when to stop. Ever since he became a glitchy being, his tiredness felt unusual as well. He could sometimes just...overpower it, he didn't feel it. That sounded useful on paper, but overtiring yourself doesn't seem that good. And once again...he managed to grab the item in the AU and put it back. He closed his eyes for a moment...suddenly he almost felt himself doze off to sleep. He slapped himself across his face as he used another portal to grab an item. He looked on it, as it felt strange to the touch. "Huh...this isn't what I wanted go grab?" It was the VHS tape. Suddenly it glowed a brighter red, he blinked and he suddenly was in a dark void. "Aw, come on." He tried to press the button to call Line, but it didn't press. "Great."

He looked around, he saw a replica of himself doing the same thing he did. A mirror...?

"Hello?" Even his voice was replicated.

He felt the reflection's finger's touch on his own. It wasn't a reflection. Suddenly everything glitched, as the copy began morphing strangely, its eyes almost melting.

"Y̴͕͙̅̊̐̓͒̇̀̑́́͗͝͠͝͝o̶̢̨̱̖̯̝̼̹͈͈̞̤̓̇̆̀̈́͜ų̵͍̩̞͖̰̱̥͐̎͑͒͒̄ ̷̜̓̿̾̓̿͗̉d̴̦͈̩̳̏͌̈́͒̊͆̋͝i̴̡̖̣̹̙̓͐̔́́̓̿̏̍̕͠r̵͙͚̻̟̈́͊̈̕͜ͅt̶̡̳͍̑̇͂̿͐̂̚y̵̛͚̤̥̺̭̓̿͆̋͝ ̴̢̡̼̲̺̩͈͔̦͚̗͎̳͈̀́̔h̸̨̢̟̩̥̯̰̉̽̏͊͗̆̀̈́͑̌͒͐̅͊͝ạ̴̛͖̥͙̿̀͊́̚c̸̝̟̤̊͗̅͋͊͋̾̃̀̎̈́̉̎k̸̹̬̖̀̒͆͗͊͜e̶̢̧̢̝̗͇͖̙̮̳̋͑̐̓͠͠r̴̢̤̪͍̮̞̠̞̲̮̯̲̀̐.̴̟͔̖͍̩̈́͒̀̃̑̕͠"