41

It was the next day, the day of her and Stefon's trip. Fatima was anxious but also very exited to see what Stefon had planned. He was very quiet about it but he continuously repeated "I promise you'll love it". Being Fatima, she tried to asked plenty of questions but Stefon did not budge. This would be their official first trip out of the country and that's all she knew.

Their flight wasn't until early afternoon so Fatima had time to go about her usual morning routine without rushing around. She rolled over in bed, using her hand to roam around the sheets until she found her phone. When she checked the time it was 6:27am, which she knew Zyla would be appearing in her room any minute now especially since she went to bed early last night. She also seen a few notifications and two were from Zac. She had no clue the reason why he was contacting her. It was Wednesday but not his, Zyla was going to school and then with Shayla for the week until Fatima came back.

"Mommy" Zyla's small voice let out as she heard her feet hit the floor.

"Right on time Zyla Roe" Fatima says to herself as Zyla climbed onto her bed

"Good morning Pooh" Fatima says as she push herself up to sit up straight enough in the bed. "Coming to give me some morning love?" Fatima ask with her arms out while Zyla crawled into them. Fatima did notice she was a little warm but the heat in the house was on and Zyla hated being cold.

"My throat hurts mommy" Zyla complained.

"You don't have to say that to get water Zyla." Fatima said. Zyla had a thing where if her throat was dry, should would say that it hurts but ultimately she just needed some water

"I had water mommy, it hurts" Zyla tried to explain

"Where did you get water from? Did you go downstairs?" Fatima asked shocked and confused because Zyla was scared to go downstairs during the nighttime, it was partially Willow's fault. At certain times of the night she would get the zoomies, ripping through the dark living room. Even if Willow was sleep in Zyla's room, Zyla still had a hard to understanding that if Willow was upstairs then she wouldn't have to worry about being scared in the dark downstairs.

"From the bathroom" Zyla says and Fatima's eyes widened.

"Did you get it out of the sink?" Fatima asked as she threw her legs over the side of the bed to get off with Zyla still in her arms

Zyla shrugged her shoulders as if she didn't know what a sink was.

"Zyla did you-" Fatima stopped herself slightly get huffy and impatient with Zyla

"Show mommy where you got the water from" Fatima says putting Zyla on her feet and she scurried off, Fatima followed

"Right here mommy" Zyla pointed at the sink while she looked back for Fatima as she walked into Zyla's bathroom. When Fatima realized it was the sink, she relaxed.

"That's the sink Zyla. You know that" Fatima says

"Yes mommy the sink, you not suppose to drink water from the potty" Zyla says in a duh tone and Fatima looked at her like this little smartass.

"You had mommy thinking- never mind" Fatima says. She had an intelligent daughter and she needed to give her credit for it. She don't know why she thought Zyla would drink water from the toilet, maybe she needed more rest.

Willow hopped up on the counter startling Zyla

"Willow no get d-" Zyla's shout at Willow was cut off by a few coughs. The type of cough that sounds like a duck being stepped on. A horse cough if you will.

"Woah. What was that" Fatima says to her cough, looking at Zyla intensely

"It hurts" Zyla says pointing at her throat after her small cough attack.