42

They had been at the hospital for hours at this point and what they had already known about her having Covid was just stamped. On top of that, she was heavily dehydrated so that was a component. She had a small bruise on the side of her head where she had fallen but she was okay. The doctor had come back to check on her quite frequently because she was pregnant. They had run some test and the baby was just fine, only a little stressed due to everything that was going on but all was good. They spent a few more hours there just to monitor but was discharged, sending Alaysha home to quarantine in her own space.

After seeing Alaysha in that state while in the ambulance and laying in the hospital bed, with worry in his heart not only for his child but for her too, he realized he had to start taking things seriously. He obviously checked on Zyla many times and her symptoms were of a standard cold. Plus with the help of Fatima apparently being a new found herbalist, Zyla was fine.

Just about two weeks have passed and Covid was no longer a concern. Everyone was feeling okay and back to their regular routines. Stefon was preparing for his tour, squeezing in as much time with Fatima before it was time for him to leave, which was spotty because of Fatima's work schedule and his tour practice. Today there was a small time window that they could spend together but they decided to dedicate it to something else...

"I just hope the energy can stay at a respectable level. That's all" Fatima says to Stefon as they sat in a restaurant private room for lunch.

"As long as you have the right energy, you're doing your part babe." Stefon tells her

"I just don't want this to be a reason our relationship is being held up for any reason and then you'll start-

"T relax. We good. I told you, whatever the necessary steps are I'm down. I'm a grown man, I was raised on respect so I get it." He reassures her and she exhaled as they waited.

"I appreciate you always reassuring me." She says. She felt like the back and forth with Zac since her and Stefon got together has been enough for him to not really want to deal. Especially the drama with Alaysha. She knew if shoes were on the other foot, she wouldn't have continued to pursue someone with this kind of baggage. Let alone even want to insert herself into that type of energy.

"I'm just being real with you. That's it." He says kissing her cheek. "Other type niggas stick around when they don't want to forreal and put chicks through hell because they don't want to open their mouths. Told you before if I ain't feeling it, I'll tell you" he says and she nodded.

"Ms. Wilson I have the remaining guest for your party here" the restaurant staff announced after knocking on the door

"Okay perfect" Fatima responds and the woman nods.

"You just keep your energy where it need to stay, right here" he says hovering his hand right above the table to signify keeping her energy relaxed. They heard the door open, Alaysha walked in and Zac followed right after.

The first thing she saw before even seeing Alaysha's face was her growing belly. Fatima took a deep breath before fully sitting up in her chair to grab the glass of water that was in front of her.

"My bad for running late, the traffic was crazy on our side" Zac says as he walks in

"All good" Stefon says as he stood from chair to offer Zac a handshake. Fatima remained seated and instead of looking at Alaysha she just focused on the two men introducing themselves.

"Stefon" he says introducing himself while the two shook hands

"Zac and this is Alaysha" Zac says and Alaysha smiled.

"Hey" she greeted and Stefon nodded with a small neutral smile while he lowered back into his seat.

"Just to officially introduce y'all. Alaysha this is Fatima, Zyla's mom and Fatima this is Alaysha my girlfriend." Zac says introducing the two women. Fatima offered a low sitting single wave with a bland smile that had no bit of happiness in it. Just for the sake of