Hope

Floyd finally finished his last class, History. He didn't really understand what the Christy Columby guy was, but the teacher, Mr. Washington, seemed to rant on about that guy forever. Floyd didn't know where to go for detention, so he used his head.

BONK!

That didn't work. I thought that meant if you hit your head it would make sense. Floyd rubbed his head and glared at the wall he used. Another upsetting thing was that in Math, Floyd'd thought he made a friend. But, oh, he was wrong.

                            —FLASHBACK—

"Alright class, please, find a table," Mrs. Pemdas announced quickly. Floyd, who didn't have a good record with making friends, was nervous. There was a full table with girls, all gossiping, and another table with boys. There was an empty table, so Floyd sat down there. Another troll sat at the table too. He looked kind of depressed.

"Hello," Floyd said nervously. "I'm Floyd." The troll looked at Floyd, glancing at his ear.

"Hi, I'm Leroy," Leroy introduced. "Um, why do you have an earring?" Floyd blinked.

"It's an.. accessory?"

"Earrings are for girls, aren't you a boy?" Leroy made an uncertain sound.

"No- I'm a boy." Floyd lowered his eyebrows sadly.

"Then take it off!" Leroy snapped.

"But.. I like it.."

"Ugh, you're so stupid," Leroy got up and left the table to sit with the other boys, one pat him on the back and the rest snickered. Floyd pretended he dropped his pencil to hide his crying face.

—FLASHBACK END—

Floyd was wandering around the halls until a similar face crossed his path. John Dory.

"John!" Floyd ran up to him. John Dory looked at Floyd confused for a second, then smiled.

"Floyd, how was your day?" John Dory asked excitedly.

"Ah, I got detention," Floyd replied. "Haha... what about you?"

"I got detention too," John Dory said. "Someone lied about me cutting off their hair and crap like that."

"That's horrible!"

"What about you?"

"I accidentally knocked someone out.." Floyd said carefully. John Dory rose a brow.

"How..?"

"I chucked a basketball at the teacher, I THOUGHT IT WAS HOW YOU DO A PASS, and it accidentally hit a kid," Floyd explained.

"That's interesting," John Dory said. "Well, the detention room's this way." He pointed to a different hall. John Dory and Floyd walked to the detention room.

"Ughh, that's scary," John Dory murmured as they approached the detention room door. It looked very strange. Crooked pieces of wood stuck out of the frame. Floyd opened the door. Principal Gnarl was sitting on a black leather chair. There were five chairs laid out.

"Sit." Mr. Gnarl ordered angrily. Floyd and John Dory sat next to each other. Nervousness filled both of them. The door opened and Spruce came in.

"Yoo! You guys got detention too?" Spruce's face brightened. "Wassup?"

"Hi Spruce!" Floyd greeted him happily.

"I don't think detention's a good thing.." John Dory frowned. Spruce made a grunt and sat next to Floyd.

"It certainly is not." Mr. Gnarl sneered. Floyd gulped. "Where are the other two?!" The principal growled.

"Who are the other two?" Floyd asked slowly.