chapter 2: the next hunt

Somewhere foreign to Remnant, there was a castle that stood tall and imposing against the foreign landscape. With its fields infested with grim creatures, the castle seemed to be part of a villain.

Cinder, who was injured in the previous battle, sought refuge within the castle's walls, having one less eye and a deep scar across her face.

In this castle, there were many people: Watts, a brilliant scientist with a sinister agenda; Tyrian, a deranged and unpredictable killer; Hazel, a formidable and enigmatic figure with a hidden past; and their newest addition, Razor, the leader of the Tyger claws.

"To think you, Cinder were to bring a foreign gang to this sacred place," Watts sneered, referring to Razor and his men.

"Watch your tone, Watts," Razor retorted, his voice laced with a dangerous edge. "We may be outsiders, but we have our own reasons for being here. And trust me, we're not here to disrupt your plans." Cinder observed the tension between the two groups, realizing that the castle was now a battleground for power and control.

"You hear that? Silence," Watts said. "I've got half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you."

"If I were you, I'd hunt her down," Tyrain said before snickering. "Find her, and, well, she took your eye, didn't she?"

Cinder stared at Tyrain, who cackled maniacally, his amusement at her expense evident. Cinder tried to speak, but in her state she wasn't able to, so she spoke to Emerald to relay them.

"Pathetic. Why did you even-?" Watts could say till the sound of the door to the room unlatched.

Everyone in the room stood up before Salem entered the room with a menacing aura as she glided to the other side of the room.

"Watts," Salem said.

Everyone expects Watts sat down.

"Do you find such malignance necessary?" Salem asked.

"I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure," Watts said.

Salem looked at Razor, knowing that he and his gang were new to her organization.

"So, Razor, you and your men are ruthless and efficient, correct?" Salem asked, her eyes piercing into Razor's.

Razor straightened his posture and replied confidently yet nervously, "Absolutely, ma'am. We have cyberware implanted in each and every one of our members, enhancing their abilities and making them the perfect tools for any task."

Salem nodded approvingly, her gaze shifting to the rest of Razor's gang. "Good," she said, her voice dripping with authority. "I expect nothing less from your men, cyberware or not. They will need to prove their worth and loyalty to me and this organization." Razor's gang members exchanged glances, a mix of determination and nervousness evident on their faces.

"Do not worry, ma'am; I'll teach them everything they need to know," Razor assured, his voice filled with confidence.

Salem then turned to Cinder and spoke, "So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?

"Well, the girl with the silver eyes and the man in cyberware," Watts said, referring to Ruby and V.

"Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it that a novice was able to best one of us?" Hazel said.

"My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless, but the one with cyberware must have had some unexpected tricks up his sleeve.

"It is because of the maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder; you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. That is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment," Salem remarked.