The Hospital

Alex POV:

'I can't believe I'm actually going to do this' I thought as I looked at the painkillers and blade.

It's currently 5:28 A.M. right now, I'm sitting in my soon to be just my brother's shared bathroom.

I know I don't have that much time to just stare at the painkillers and blade, because my brothers start waking up at 6:00 A.M.

I got up from my sitting position and started the bath. I didn't want to be more of a burden to make them clean all of the blood that was going to be on the ground. It just didn't seem right.

I felt the water to make sure it was just warm enough. I placed my hand at the hem of my shirt starting to take it off, but then I thought. Would you want to see your brother or son naked in a bath full of blood water? I definitely would not want to see that at all.

I pulled my shirt back down and grabbed the painkillers and blade from off the sink counter. I set them on the ledge of the bathtub in a secure way, so when I got in they wouldn't fall off the ledge and onto the ground to make a loud noise.

I put my foot down in the warm water when I realized that I forgot the water for when I took the pills.

Damnit

This suicide thing was last minute so I didn't get to write a note... or get water from the fridge.

I stepped out of the bath and grabbed my sweatshirt that was on me last night. I quickly put it on in case someone was down stairs, and they wouldn't question anything about to wounds on my arms. I unlocked the bathroom door, and I slowly started walking towards the steps. I carefully went down the slippery steps making sure I tried not to step on the ones that creaked very loudly.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and walked towards the kitchen when I heard my dad.

"Hey Alex, what are you doing up this early?" Dad said while staring at my probably bloodshot eyes from crying the night before.

"Oh I-I was just going to get a g-glass of water." I said stuttering while playing with my sleeves. Oh my gosh why did I even stutter?

"You know got to stay hydrated." I said laughing nervously, rubbing the back of my neck slightly with my hand.

"Mhmh... well I guess I shouldn't hold that from you, Dad said while staring at me intensely, you know you can talk to me about anything right?"

"Yeah... yeah I know dad." I said giving him a genuine smile.

He was about to leave. This was going to be my last time seeing him, so might as well give him one last hug.

I walked up to him and pulled him into a gentle hug.

"Woah kiddo I don't remember the last time you gave me a hug." He said jokingly as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you dad." I said while savoring the embrace in his warmness one last time.

"I love you too kiddo." Dad said in my ear. I can tell he was getting suspicious with the affection all of a sudden.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before he pulled away. I didn't want the hug to end, I would never experience one ever again in my whole entire life.

"I have to go now, but I can give you all the hugs tonight when I get home, okay?" Dad said as he got everything he needed to go out.

"Yeah... okay tonight." I said softly knowing I won't be here tonight.

"I love you dad." I said one last time ever.

"I love you too Alex." Dad declared as he opened the front door and walked out.