7| Men On The Moon

I'm not the same as I was before
I'll go through the walls and kick down doors
No, I'm not the same as I was before
And I wouldn't hurt you anymore

I'm not the same as I was beforeI'll go through the walls and kick down doorsNo, I'm not the same as I was beforeAnd I wouldn't hurt you anymore

Apolonio Osias Palacio

I'm going to burst a blood vessel. This fucking asshole.

I knew he was going to be on my ass as soon as daylight broke, demanding answers, demanding to have one-on-one time with Analia. He brought beagles, though. So I'm not that mad.

I'm distracting him with a game of chess in my office, coffee and beagles demolished. The sun is rising over my house. The birds are chirping, and the team is probably out back in the wear house I modeled after the Compound, so they could have a place to train.

"How long are Drago's keen planning on staying here?"

"As long as they wish."

"And how long will that be?"

"That is up for them to decide, It isn't like I am going to kick them to the curb by the end of the week."

He gives me a deadpan stare. 

I give him a grin in reciprocation. 

"So, that's it? Who is going to replace them?" 

He's digging, he's always been a fucking busybody. 

"What Adrian and Valerie decide is best for their team is none of my business." 

Sebastian rolls his eyes at me, and I take the opportunity to checkmate. 

I reach for my to-go cup of coffee and take a long pull. Sebastian lets out an exaggerated sigh and leans back in his seat. 

The sound of shoes hitting marble and laughter. And like a fucking hound, Sebastian's head jerked to the side of the noise. To the sound of my sister and her friends. 

I do not like to think too much about the arrangement that Dante and Callum made once Anlia was revealed to be a female, how my longest friend and my little sister have been in an assumed, somewhat, set in stone marriage since she was born. Matters became murky after the abduction, Ana and I got shipped off to Russia and lived in complete anonymity with the Drago's, but she is back now. The choices she makes about her future are completely up to her. Besides, she would cut my throat in my sleep if I ever forced her hand. 

"I am not going to barrel towards her and fall on one knee, you know? I am much more gallant than that." Sebastian says as he looks at me. He takes a sip of his cup and runs his hand through his hair. It is a casual day today, he has his usual all-black ensemble, while I have a simple white shirt, no tie.