Chapter 12: The Search

Aditya and his RB companions, Ogrange and Leaflet, were left in a state of confusion upon discovering Hydrara's absence. Various theories raced through their minds: perhaps the hunters had returned for revenge, or Hydrara had ventured on her own. Despite calling her name and searching for hours, they found no trace. With heavy hearts, they decided to continue their journey towards Greenpace town, thinking they might get some information regarding Hydrara.

After an hour's journey, they arrived at the R.B. Health Centre, where Aditya submitted his R.B.s for recovery. During lunch, Aditya encountered a familiar face, Dr Stevens both were surprised to see each other, and Aditya inquired about Dr Stevens' presence in Greenpace town, wondering if he had a brother working there.

Dr Stevens chuckled, explaining that he was the original Dr Stevens that Aditya had treated before, and he had no brothers or clones working in Greenpace town. He shared his role in discovering the foundation of the R.B. Health Centre, sparking a lively conversation between the two.

Engrossed in conversation, they lost track of time until an intercom announcement reminded Aditya to collect his RBs. It was evening, and Aditya decided to stay the night and resume their search in the morning.

During dinner, Aditya's preoccupied expression prompted Dr. Stevens to inquire if he was worried about his upcoming token battle.

Aditya was surprised at hearing it at first and then said no and said that he and his R.B.s have trained well to be a good challenger but inside his mind, he was still thinking about what happened to Hydrara and thought of telling him to Steven. Still, he thought that it was better to resolve it on his own.

It was past midnight, and Aditya could not go to sleep, so he decided to go for a little walk, maybe by which his mood would be refreshed. He reached down to the lobby and Steven there gazing at the night sky with beautiful moonlight and the twinkling stars taking the show.

Steven was shocked a bit upon seeing Aditya and then Aditya also joined him enjoying gazing at the night sky, and told Steven that he wanted to share something with him. Steven agreed to it and Aditya told him about the entire incident. Steven was thinking about it for a minute or two and told him that there was a place where there was a chance of finding her there.

Both of them got ready and left the centre. It was about a 45-minute walk and asked Aditya to remain quiet as they reached their destination. It was the Greenpace Lake waters sparkling with moonlight and made the surroundings quite enchanting. Steven asked him to follow closely and stealthily to the lake.

On reaching there, Steven took out a mysterious-looking object like a flute but it was blue and gleaming with the moonlight and had diamond-like patterns instead of circles in the flute. He sang a tone and the blue colour of the flute was rippling within itself as if resembling with the tune. It was so beautiful that even Ogrange and Leaflet came out of their pods to enjoy the tune along with the view.

Suddenly ripples started appearing on the surface of the lake and slowly came out Hydrara touched the tune and was also resonating the tune by standing on the surface of the water. Aditya and his R.B.s were amazed to see her. After some moments, Steven stopped singing the note and saw Hydrara standing on the lake's surface and coming towards him and sending out a little jolt of thunder near his feet which meant as a sign of gratitude to him for singing a beautiful tone.

Leaflet went near her and asked her why she left them leaving them quite worried. Hydrara didn't give her a reply. Leaflet then laid both of her hands on Hydrara's shoulder and shook her off to get a response from her, but Hydrara got furious by Leaflet's action and shot her with a jet of water, which made Leaflet fly and get hit by the trees.