disclaimer(s) // introduction

disclaimer: I do not own any part of Top Gun, Top Gun: Maverick, or the article which inspired the original film "Top Guns" (written by Ehud Yonay, published in California magazine, 1983). The contents/storylines, settings, dynamics, and characters of Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick belong to Paramount, Jerry Bruckheimer, Don Simpson (and Lary Simpson), the cast, crew, and creators. I have no affiliations with the above parties. The characterisation, canon adjacent/compliant storyline, platonic, familial, and other dynamics and relationships of Elliot "Scout" Mitchell, however, have been created by me, belong to me, and must not be copied or used in any other piece of work without discussing with the author (me), or given written permission for by the author (me). This piece of (fan)work cannot be monetised and is not published to gain monetary compensation.

on a cautionary note to the reader: these characters are grown adults, many with their own traumas. Please note that some characters are overly liberal in their use of explicit language, many are open about their traumatic past (eg, the main character is a veteran amputee with trauma gained in the field with additional rough medical history) at varying degrees, and certain parties are more than open about their sexual past of a heterosexual and homosexual variety. If these things offend you, please tread lightly, should you choose to read on (and I hope you do!).

\ \       / / 

"I laughed at love 'coz I thought it was funny
You came along and you moved me, honey"

Great Balls of Fire | Jerry Lee Lewis

"she loves to laugh, she loves to singshe loves everything"

she loves everything"

Any Way You Want It | Journey

"I reminisce about the days of oldwith that old time rock and roll"

with that old time rock and roll"

Old Time Rock and Roll | Bob Seger

"Whenever I'm in trouble won't you stand?Come on and stand by me"

Come on and stand by me"

Stand By Me | Otis Redding

\ \       / /

"Can't get rid of that damn caterpillar on your upper lip, can ya?"

"You must be the famous daughter of Pete Mitchell."

"Welcome back to North Island, aviators."

\ \        / /

As the daughter of Pete Mitchell and Charlie Blackwood, Elliot Mitchell was never going to have a quiet life. She was much too determined to never let that happen.

As the son of Nick and Carole Bradshaw, Bradley Bradshaw was always going to have tragedy in his life. A heartbroken mother, hanging on to her friends who were more than happy to help. Wanting to live up to the name of his father, gone too soon, maybe follow in his footsteps.

Elliottand Bradley were raised like siblings. More out of necessity than anything else, but it was never a source of complaints. Their three year age gap did nothing for them to grown closer together than anyone would expect.

So when Elliot Mitchell and Bradley Bradshaw decided to pursue careers in the military, with ambition to fly those same kind of planes that have brought the death of Goose, all of the remaining parents decided to scheme. Maverick's unforgivable move to pull their papers put Bradley behind, but allowed Elliot to catch up. What he should have done, was to never give in to either of them, to never let them go. Maybe then he could have taken their dreams away before life did.

top gun: maverick

"I don't know what you've been told
but time is running out, no need to take it slow
I'm stepping to you toe to toe
I should be scared, honey, maybe so,
but I ain't worried 'bout it right now"

started: january 2024
coming March 2024
in progress

I do not own any gifs or images used throughout (only character edits/aesthetics)