STARBOY | 41

NEW YEARS EVE HAD FINALLY ROLLED AROUND AND TO SAY MISO WAS EXCITED FOR THE NEW YEAR WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT

She walked hand in hand with her boyfriend, Nishimura Niki, as he lead her down a dirtied pathway in hopes of reaching the cities popular drive-in.

"Where are we going, Niki?" Miso wondered, her brows furrowed as she looked around, not recognizing the area. They were walking to the other side of the drive-in and the girl couldn't understand why.

"You should know me by now, Doll," Niki grinned, glancing down at her and pulling her into him, a chuckle leaving his lips. "When you're with me, nobody pays." He explained playfully as they approached a metal fence that was at the back of the drive-in.

At the bottom of the fence was a hole that showed the amount of times it had been used due to the metal being ripped up so that a body could fit under.

Miso felt Niki nudge her, before he stepped forward and climbed under the fence, brushing the sandy dirt from his body once he reached the other side and then he beckoned her through, his eyes darting around the area so that they wouldn't be caught.

"But what about my skirt?" Miso questioned, feeling anxious about not only being seen doing such an act, but also in case the flowy skirt she was wearing would hike up and reveal her undergarment.

A sigh left Niki's mouth as he smirked and shrugged off his jacket, holding it out in front of her without any hesitation so that nobody else could see her, and he turned his head away so that she wouldn't feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

Smiling to herself, Miso gratefully sighed and then, silently and anxiously, she mirrored the boys actions — a few groans leaving her mouth as she struggled to push herself under without trying to get dirty.

Eventually, once she was through, Niki helped her from the floor, making sure she was okay, before he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and they headed towards the seating area.

It was quite busy, and Miso's ears were consumed with the loud chatter and laughter of others, and her nose was filled with the scent of tobacco and freshly made popcorn. She couldn't help but feel nostalgic as she looked around, realizing that the last time she visited the drive-in was with her brother, and how she felt on edge because of Niki.

"I'm gonna get drinks and popcorn," Niki told her as she sat down on a seat and she bobbed her head and watched as he shoved a hand in his back pocket and headed towards to food stand.

As time passed, Miso glanced down at her freshly painted nails (which she'd done after wiping off Niki's nail polish) and bit down on her bottom lip, minding her own business — however, that was sadly disrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

With furrowed brows, Choi Miso turned her head away from her nails and looked up at the figure that was standing over her and immediately, she felt as if the life had been sucked from her. Her eyes widened and her face drained all its colour.