Chapter Three - Liars and Backstabbers

(Any writing in this font is a flashback, just wanted to clarify. Enjoy! :))

------

"Ronan you have to calm down!"

Just an hour after the tragic incident of Ronan's family, the Irish detective was at the station throwing chairs and punching walls, his knuckles splitting and bleeding with each stroke.

"Ahhhh! God dammit!"

His hair was a mess, and his eyes filled with nothing but anger, were red and stained with tears. He was a wreck.

"Ronan, if you don't calm down I will have no choice but to cuff you to the God dam table!"

Ronan froze, his angered eyes motioning towards the other detective. Was he being serious?

"Look, Ronan I am so sorry. Deeply, I am. You are in pain and you have the absolute right to be angry-"

"My family was slaughtered, Jack! Stop telling me to calm down!"

The other detective took a deep breath. He's never seen him act like this before. Ronan was one of his oldest friends, the man he saw now was someone completely different.

"I just want to ask you some questions-"

"You think I did this!?"

"No! Of course not! I already know you were at work!"

Ronan was pissed

"You had to check if I had a fuckin alibi!? I would never hurt my family! Never!"

The man raised his hands in defence

"I know, but we need to check every possibility! It's procedure! You're a detective, you should know that"

Ronan just slid down the wall, his eyes staring into space, his throat sore from shouting and his knuckles dripping with blood. He felt numb. He was so tired.

"My family are dead...."

He wanted to cry. He wanted to scream some more, break things, and let his anger out. But he couldn't feel anything.

"They're gone... I'm never going to see them again"

"Ronan, please... Do you have any idea who could've done this?"

The Irishman shook his head. He had no clue, He's arrested so many people. Many of them could've had it out for him.

Jack sighed and took out his phone

"I'm phoning your brother, you're not in the right state to be on your own. I don't need to handcuff you do I?"

Ronan didn't move. He looked frozen, still like a deer in headlights. His eyes, on the other hand, were hollows of madness. Jack could feel his heart breaking. The guy went through so much shit and was finally happy. He did not deserve this.

"I promise I'll find the person responsible"

No reply

"I'll get someone to check your hands..."

He walked out of the room and left Ronan to his thoughts

------------

"Jack I need you to send me some more case files"

"Ronan, I told you to stop this"

The Irish detective was pacing back and forth in his small apartment, losing patience with the detective on the other side of the line.