1 - Percy's Slip-Ups

[Percy]

"It's almost a 24 hour flight to Australia! I can't afford to fly in Zeus' domain for that long! He's going to kill me!" I complained. This is it. My mom is going to kill me by booking a flight to Australia and taking me with her.

"If I don't make it out of here alive, Mom, tell the seven, Grover, and everybody else I..."

At this point, my Mom already zoned out and closed her eyes. But she was smiling.

"I don't think Zeus will really kill you Percy," said Paul, "being the hero of Olympus and all that."

"Thanks." I replied. 

Whoosh-

I made it to Australia without dying. So far so good... I was freaking out on the airplane so much because thunder and lighting kept flashing and booming outside of the window. I guessed Zeus was really angry but my dad persuaded him to not kill me. Thanks, Dad, if it was you. 

We were heading to Cleo's (my cousin's) house when I bumped into someone.

"Oof, sorry. I'm really sorry. What's your name, by the way?"

"Cleo." She said.

"I'm Percy. So you're my cousin?"

"What? Oh yes. I heard you're coming. I'm going to the beach, wanna come?"

"Sure! But I need to tell my parents first."

Whoosh Again-

"So are you not going to swim?" I asked my cousin.

"No. I'm just going to chill out over here." she said. That's boring.

"I'll go then." Yay! Now I can talk to the fish to see if they had Australian accents!

"Wait! Did you say talk to the fish?"

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes?" it sounded more like a question than a statement. "So you can talk to fish?"

"N-no. No I can't. Forget it." I ran a way towards the beach.

[Cleo]

Percy's weird. I felt an aura of power that reminds me of the ocean when I met him and now he slipped up that he can talk to fish? Percy can't be a merman can he?

I shook my head and continued reading my book.

This is Whoosh the III-

Percy came back completely dry after a while. Completely dry, did I mention that?

"Why are you dry?" I asked.

"Um, towel?" he said rather nervously. This is really suspicious.

"Right." I decided not to argue.

We sat on the picnic blanket and ate the food in silence, and I decided to break it. 

"Would you like a tuna sandwich? My dad caught the fish yesterday. It's really good."

Percy almost barfed. He tried to hide it, but I saw that. 

"Sorry, I'm allergic to seafood." he said. Then I heard him mutter "Fish are friends, not food..." Weird. That kind of makes sense 'cause I'm a mermaid, but my dad's a fisherman, and some fish aren't that - how do you say it - uneatable?

We continued to eat in awkward silence. I ate all the tuna sandwiches while Percy eyed me strangely as if I'm a murderer.