Chapter 3

It was near 2:00am, all 7 rings were mostly fast asleep, except for the king himself. Lucifer was pacing around his workroom, throwing his squeaky ducks at the walls.

Lucifer walked up to his workbench and slammed his head into it, actually, he smashed his head into it multiple times. He lifted his head and put his hands on his face, "FUCK, Lucifer why didn't you stay in the box!?" He scolded himself, dragging his hands down his face.

Yesterday, he was supposed to have a perfect father-daughter day with Charlie. Unannounced, Adam had appeared near the end of the day; interrupting Charlie and Lucifer's peace. Except, Adam didn't look the same. He looked like Adam, but as in the first days Adam, only difference was he was now with permanent horns. Lucifer had been so embarrassingly awestruck he froze, he absolutely loved how Adam looked, loved Adam's slightly wavy blonde hair, and loved his eyes. Oh, how he loved Adam's golden ey—

Stopping himself from finishing that thought, Lucifer banged his head onto his workbench again. Then he slammed his fist on a poor rubber duck that rested beside his head, "Oh my days, what is wrong with me?! Why am I thinking of this—thinking of him!?" He yelled out, voice muffled. He couldn't help but start blushing whenever he though of Adam.

He thought to himself, "Maybe..if I just, apologize.? For acting weird?" That would totally work. He would go back to the hotel and apologize! So..it was all solved, his problem has a great solution, and everything will go back to normal. No more weird feelings, no more thoughts, and no more need for Adam. At least, he hoped things would go back to normal. Surely it would.

Lucifer lifted his head up and took his fist off the duck, which the toy let out a squeak. He straightened his signature suit, smoothed his hair, and checked the time. 4:37am, wow time really flies doesn't it? Lucifer eyed a couple small squeaky ducks on his workbench, surely a few of them wouldn't hurt. He picked up 3 ducks and stuffed them into his suit pocket. And off he went, walking at a steady pace but taking big steps.

Once arrived at Pentagram City, Lucifer looked around. There was plenty of demons walking around or in cars, many was probably heading to work. Lucifer checked the time on his hellphone, it was 5:14. "Would the hotel be open right now?" Lucifer asked himself, unsure if he should wait or just head there. He only had one person to apologize to anyway. Lucifer came to a final conclusion: it wouldn't matter would it? He just had to be careful not to wake the other residents.

Lucifer summoned a portal to the hotel, he leaped into it and was quickly transported onto the first floor of the tall building. He closed the portal up behind him, quietly he walked up the stairs and onto the second floor. Each occupied room, the door was decorated to match the resident. Lucifer looked down the halls on either side, he could see a door with a pink glowing heart. That room obviously belonged to the kinky spider Charlie claimed to be just a sponsor. Not what he was looking for, he let his eyes sweep over the mostly plain doors until he spotted one with a glowing circle-outline. Lucifer headed to that door and stopped in front of it. Charlie must've decorated it, Lucifer knew Adam would not do something like this. He reached out a hand and knocked on the door softly but audible enough to be heard through the door. Letting his hand drop back to his side, he waited in silence.

He waited 2 minutes, nothing. Assuming Adam must've not heard the knock Lucifer reached a fist out to knock again. His hand almost hit the door when it burst open, revealing a tired looking Adam. Lucifer stumbled back a few steps, gosh this is the 3rd time Adam had burst open a door that caught everyone by surprise.

Lucifer looked up at Adam, almost unwillingly Lucifer could feel his cheeks start to heat up. He reached out a hand and quietly greeted Adam, "Heyyy, how are you doing!"