Chapter 6

Adam laid on the hill, he stared up at the twinkling stars. But he wasn't star gazing or thinking of stars, he was thinking of Lilith. Thinking of how he could solve his current problem with her, he let out a frustrated sigh. Why couldn't Lilith just tell him what was wrong? Adam sat up, Lilith hadn't even returned yet. During their "argument" she had walked off somewhere into the forest to get away from Adam.

"Forget it," Adam muttered to himself, he got up and leap-walked down the side of the hill. Since Lilith had gone the way behind him, he decided to go the way opposite to her, which was the direction in front of him. He walked through the tall grass and through the forest until he reached a rocky ridge that overlooked a large pool of water. Next to the ridge was a waterfall. If he stood close to the edge of the ridge he could see his reflection in the glassy water of the waterfall.

Earlier, Adam told himself to forget about Lilith. But he couldn't just forget it. He couldn't stop thinking about her it was almost driving him mad. Out of frustration, he scoffed at himself and plunged his head into the freezing water. Which he then immediately took it back out, his whole head was soaked and enough water had gotten up his nostrils that it "tasted" a bit bloody. He slapped his hands on his wet face, things were going so wrong in his life. Taking his hands off, he looked up at the sky. What was he doing wrong?

"WHAT am I doing wrong??" Adam asked the inky sky, he was talking to no one, so no one answered back. He sank to the floor with a sigh. For the rest of the night Adam sat on the ridge thinking over his life decisions. At times he could almost feel tears spilling out his eyes, but held it back because crying was for weak pussies. Well, he only told himself that because he thought it would make Lilith see him as less.

The blazing sun had finally risen, Adam reluctantly headed back to the hill. Sure he was in an unstable relationship and could probably have a meltdown any second, but he still had to do work. When he got to the grassy area Lilith was already working, she had her back turned to him; probably working on some bush. Adam fiddled with his hands, should he say sorry? Would she even listen? He breathed in deep and was about to greet her when Lucifer came down from the sky and crashed into Lilith with a hug.

Lilith was frozen in surprise, but the moment Lucifer started laughing she burst out laughing along with him. The were two enjoying each other while Adam just stood there watching. Uh oh, the heaviness was in his heart again. And then the lump in his throat formed.

Lucifer caught sight of Adam and turned to face him. His face turned slightly worried, "Adam..?" Lilith looked up at Lucifer in confusion, then turned her head to face where Lucifer was facing. Her eyes widened, she quickly sat up accidentally knocking Lucifer off during the process. In a split second her shock was replaced with rage. Calm rage, which was honestly even worse.

"Adam," Lilith said. "When I got back to the hill I noticed you were gone."

Adam clasped his hands together and replied, "Yeah..but you went off too so there's no difference."

Lucifer got up and walked up to Adam, "Why do you look so tired?"

"I don't know," Adam simply told him. "Work I guess?"

Lucifer nodded, "Ok, we'll tell me if you need anything. Or Lilith." Lucifer gestured a hand at Lilith. Adam made eye contact with her for a mere second before she looked away.

"Luci..," Adam said, he put his gaze back on Lucifer.

"What's up?" He asked

"I want to talk to you—in private—for a second," Adam told him.

Lucifer gave him a questioning look, "Ok?"

They walked until they were sure Lilith couldn't hear or see them. Adam breathed in deep before starting to talk.