Thank You, Tokito

Muichiro slices the demon's head, but it was still flopping around.

However, instead of turning into ash like it should, the demon started regenerating its head.

'I cut what seems like its weak spot, but it's not going down. It regenerates. So is this it?' Muichiro wondered as he sent an attack straight at the upside down vase that was on its back.

A loud screech escaped the demon as it crumbled into ash.

'It was getting power from the vase. Like I thought, a blood demon art created it.' Muichiro's eyes widened a bit when he felt Kotetsu wrap his arms around him.

"WAAAH! Thank you! I thought I was dead! Dead! I was so scared! WAAAH! I was wrong to call you seaweed head! I'm sorry!" Kotetsu cried.

"Seaweed head" meant me?" Muichiro asks, confused.

"WAAAH! I'm sorry! I was mad at you!" Kotetsu sobbed out.

Muichiro turned away and started to walk off. "I don't have time for this. I'm going, so you do as you please," he tells him.

"Wait!! Kanamori is under attack too! And Haganezuka didn't sleep while he was repairing Tanjiro's sword, so...you gotta help them! Any delay and they're done for!" Kotetsu exclaimed as he fell to his knees and bowed.

"No, I..." Muichiro trailed off.

"You will definitely reclaim yourself...Muichiro," Ubuyashiki says.

Muichiro's eyes widened as he hit the side of his head with a hand.

A memory of Amane and Ubuyashiki flashed in his mind once more.

"You must be confused, but right now...think only about survival. As long as you're alive, it will work out somehow. Your lost memory will return. It is unnecessary to worry. Do not miss this opportunity," Ubuyashiki explains before placing a finger against the temple of his forehead. "Begin with trivial matters and clear the mist inside your head."

"WAAAAAH!" Kotetsu screamed as he was picked up by Muichiro who started running. "H-Hey! Slow down a little! We're nearly there!" He exclaimed.

"Don't talk, you'll bite your tongue," Muichiro replied.

"AIIEE!" Kotetsu cried out.

'Is this right? By doing this, I'm leaving the rest of the village unprotected. No, I can do this! The master recognized my value. I am Muichiro Tokito...the Mist Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps!' Muichiro thought.

✧˖*°࿐

Tanjiro swung his blade before the demon head could attack him again, sending half of the head flying.

'Uh-oh! I cut it! Now what?! If it grows into another one...' Tanjiro trailed off.

The upper part and lower part of the head regenerated a mouth, and released a loud screech-like attack.

Tanjiro was hit head on by the attack, but started to realize something.

'I see! I get it! The power of its attack...is weakening!' A wide grin appeared on Tanjiro's lips. 'Maybe...although it divides it doesn't gain any strength! In its mouth I saw words– joy, anger, sorrow, and pleasure. Are the bodies with those the strongest? And if it splits any further...it starts to weaken!' Tanjiro pierces his blade through the mouths before they can attack him again.

The sound of shuffling captured of something appearing behind Tanjiro caused him to look over.

'Behind me!'

It was the same demon that had grabbed onto him not too long ago.

The demon released a powerful screech in Tanjiro's direction.

'I have to defeat...at least one of them quickly! Then hurry to Nezuko and Genya!' Tanjiro then noticed something was missing.

The regenerated mouths were gone.

Excruciating pain pulsed through Tanjiro's chest as his blood went flying into the air.

"How do you like my claws? So fast and sharp! They can crush a diamond! You should be trembling! Rejoice in the spray of blood!" The demon exclaimed.

Tanjiro looked over at the demon with a smirk on his lips. "You first," he replied.

The demon's eyes widened as more blood went flying.

The injury that Tanjiro had given to the demon quickly regenerated.

Immediately, the demon sent another screech-like attack in Tanjiro's direction.

But Tanjiro was quicker.

He was able to slice the bottom part of the demon's mouth before going in for another attack.

✧˖*°࿐

Nezuko could be struggling with one of the demons she and Genya were fighting.

"Ha ha! Hang in there, little girl! Just a little longer!" Karaku laughed. "Ha ha ha! Hey! What's wrong?"

"Hurry! Rip her limbs off. This is annoying," Sekido spoke up.

"Don't interfere! This girl is mine! You and Aizetsu get lost!" Karaku ordered.

"I'll finish this one," Aizetsu replied.

Aizetsu looked over at Genya when the teenager gripped onto the weapon.

"It's stuck!" Genya shouted as he pulled the trigger to his gun.

Aizetsu's head could be seen getting blown off.