The Final Match

"Were you jealous, captain?"

She asked. Am I? No absolutely not! I can't be jealous of that boy! Never! It's not possible only! I turned around.

"Khudko itna importance mat do Ms Attitude! Tumpe Marne ke sivaay aur bhi bohot se kaam hai mujhe!"
(Don't give yourself too much of an attention Ms Attitude! I have more work to do than die on your looks!)

I repeated the same thing she had said to me earlier with Tashan.

"Jaise ki?"
(Like?)

Ouch! That wasn't in the syllabus! Why hadn't I asked that before? Now what should I say? She chuckled looking at me who was now trying to collect words to frame a meaningful sentence. She stepped closer to me, keeping an inch gap between our faces. I gulped looking at her eyes.

"Agli baar ek accha sa reply soch ke aana! Kisiko copy karne se toh behtar hi hai!"
(Come prepared next time! It's better than copying anyone else!)

She said and walked past me but this time brushing her shoulders into mine, I won't say that it was intentional. I left the breath I didn't know I was holding! Great! I just made a huge fun of myself in front of her. What was the need to go there and say such things? She must have thought I have feelings for her! Ugghhhh! God why me???
.
The next day,
We were all ready with our sports uniforms. Some of them were still wearing their shoes. Including Kiara. She looks better in this football jersey and pants. With tied hair to a bun, and wearing those shocks. She was different. Very much different than other girls at the campus. While others knew to cheer for us with a pom pom, she knew to get cheered by others. This is the first time I am noticing her. But why?

"Akele akele kya socha jaa rha hai?"
(What are you thinking alone?)

Samarth came to me and asked.

"Oye Sam! Zara aanaaaa!!! Lagta hai kisiko pyar ho Gaya hai!"
(Hey Sam! Just come here!! Feels like someone's in love!)

He was safe beside me for whispering the last part. Although it wasn't true, I can't risk it now! I just got up and gathered the team around me.

"Listen guys, it's the finale for us! And we have to give our 500% in this! It's opposite to IIT Bombay, and I have heard that they have their own way of winning. Kuch bhi ho jaay, we should not fall into their traps! I have also heard that they can do anything to win,"

I looked at the girls.

"Anything! To win, so we have to be careful with their moves and also try to sneak the ball from their paws! Am I clear?"

Everyone hooted a 'yes captain' to me and cheered for the win of our team.

We went to the field and sat together while the other team was sitting far away opposite to us!

Soon we were called to greet each player. We went, and started shaking each of their hands, while Kiara was behind me just. As we went on, the last guy just shook my hand tightly and kept on holding Kiara's. Why did I feel lust in his eyes looking at Kiara?
Both the teams stood side by side. I looked at Kiara who looked at me and eyed her about staying safe especially from him.

Football is a game where every minute there's someone falling down. But we had our balance, we had our fall but soon had managed ourselves from getting hurt severely. I just hope we pass this match too with safety.

The chief guest had come and was greeting each of us. After he declared the match open, we all took our positions. As the referee tossed the coin. I chose heads, and it turned out to be heads. Good, the favours on our side. As the ball was kept down, I took a deep breath, and as the whistle blew, I kicked it hard making it almost near to the goal. After which all of the teammates were struggling to come near the ball as the Bombay team were good at defending, only Kiara and I went near the goal but before we could goal the goalkeeper kicked it out of the field. I went out and took the ball in my hand, I looked at Kiara and threw it in her direction, as she took the lead after attacking the ball with her head she passed it to Samarth who tried taking it while a boy from the other team put his league between Kiara and held her hands making her to fall. This time she couldn't save herself. But she was Kiara, who twisted his legs and made him fall too. She stood up and started running towards us while I caught the boy smirking. Why am I sending some weird plans by them?

While Samriddhi was taking the lead to the goal, Kiara was still there, she gave the ball to her beautifully planning the way but before Kiara could kick, remember the last boy who we had shaked our hands and felt uncomfortable came in front of Kiara all of a sudden making her disbalance and she sat down. What's happening to her today? No one was able to goal till now. The ball was now with the opposite team, and they were taking it to our goal when our team member went and took the ball from him, but before he could move the other team member had twisted his legs the one he tried with Kiara and failed but this he didn't and our teammate fell down. Thankfully he didn't get much hurt! He stood up and started running at our side. I sprinted past the opponent and tried taking the ball and made its way towards their goal, while Kiara took it and shot it but it didn't get in the goal.

"What are you doing Kiara!!!!"

I exclaimed in anger. What has happened to her? Why is she not concentrating on the game. I looked here and there and spotted the same guy I met the previous day. Now I know what has made her nervous!  This continued for the very first half, of us dribbling, shooting, passing, receiving and none of us could goal. Thanks to our brilliant goal keeper who had practices really hard. He's saving us today.
As the referee announces half time we all sat together. The coach came to us discussing the strategy, but I was continuously looking at Kiara who was looking downwards. After the coach instructed us to have some stretching again, I went towards Kiara.

"Apni setting pe baadme dhyan do! It's not more important to us than the match! Aise khelogi toh team se nikaal dunga!"
(Concentrate on your relationship afterwards! It's not more important to us than the match! If you play like this then you'll be kicked out of the team!)

Shockingly Kiara didn't reply. For the first time! She didn't reply, she didn't give a comeback! How's this possible? Something's really off with her!
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW