Holi

I was lying in my bed, looking at the ceiling.
I was wondering about her eyes... It was the first time I noticed her eyes so close. Those chocolatey brown orbs, with expression of twitched eyebrows, her lashes...
I got up from the bed abruptly. What's into me? Why am I thinking so much of her? I facepalmed myself.

"Kuch hua kya?"
(Anything happened?)

My roommate asked me.

"Main canteen jaa rha hu, chalega?"
(I am going to the canteen, will you come?)

I offered to him but he chose to stay back so after wearing my watch i left the room.
.
In the canteen,
I was drinking the tea while I could hear hootings and cheerings of crowd.
Going back a little, i found out that everyone was throwing colours on each other making each one of them unrecognisable.
Yess... Holi is here! I completely forgot about it!!
'You forgot Holi cuz of Kiara?'
My heart asked...
Oh my god! I completely did! This girl! I told you she would be the death for me once! I was so preoccupied with her thoughts and actions that i completely forgot my favourite festival! No more Yash! No more! Tomorrow! You'll enjoy Holi and won't even think about Kiara! That's it! Holi is here!!!!
.
.
I changed to the oldest white shirt I had which was messy. Best for Holi! I looked at the mirror, settling my hair right, spraying the deo, I came out of my room and splash!!!! These boys won't leave me for a moment too! Yeah, before proceeding down I was already unrecognisable!
But I had a good idea! I had tissues in my pocket to atleast clean my face area! When they left I cleaned my eyes,nose and lips and then went down.

"Woohoo, aaj Kiara bhi aaygi! Usko bhi ekdum rang se unrecognisable bana dunga!"
(Woohoo, today Kiara will come! And will make her unrecognisable too with colours!)

Oh god, did I just? I again remembered her? Why God? Whenever I start thinking of her, I can see those brown orbs flashing in front of my eyes.
Aah...
My chest, is my heart beating fast? I held the area and started thinking, of... Kiara...
Splasshhhhhhhhh!!!!
The whole black water they poured over me went in my nose and mouth too. I coughed it out.

"C'mon Kiara! You won't be spared now!!"

I said without opening my eyes,
I removed the colour from my eyes and saw Samriddhi and Samarth had their hearts out while laughing! No Kiara? Shit Yash! You took her name in front of these dogs! Now they will make it a thing for real! Before they say anything I need to do something!
I took the bucket nearby and poured it all over them.
Strange! The colour was a muddy colour!

"Eww!! Yash!!! Phekne se pehle dekha kar! Woh keechar tha!!!"
(Eww!! Yash!! Check it before throwing! It was mud!!!)

"Even better!"

Saying this i ran from them while they ran after me taking the mud bucket!
While running I bumped into someone and saw that she was holding a plate of colour which was all over her now!
I started laughing!

"When it actually turns out, bura na mano Holi hai!"
(When it actually turns out, don't be mad, it's holi!)

Soon she took the plate of colours beside her and threw it on me, it was all coloured fogg around us, so we both couldn't see each other's faces.
As we waved our hands around, the fog disappeared and I could see those same brown orbs in between the pink face, yeah! I had colored her pink by mistake. I could see her grumpy face. She was mad at me currently but She looked cute tho!

"Kya tha yeh?"
(What was that?)

I asked...

"Yeh Jo aapke upar hai isko rang + keechar ka mixture kehte hai! In case aapko pata na ho!"
(What you have on you is called the mixture of colours and mud! In case you don't know!)

Did she just insult me?

"C'mon Kiara! Humare saath bhi toh Holi khelo na!"
(C'mon Kiara! Play Holi with us too!)

Some random boys came and started flirting with her! They held her arms and took her other side! And she went? How could they touch her even?
I was about to go in their direction but....

"Woohooo!!!!"

They had poured more mud all over me now! I looked at them with rage and ran after them.
We were all making each other aliens! No one could recognise no one!
Now only Kiara remains who was not coloured by me fully! Haha!
Where's she?
I looked here and there, where's she?

I went everywhere but didn't find her.
I saw a bucket of water nearby and started washing my face a little. I could taste mud and colours! I cleared my face not so clear! Now I could see clearly! And my sight went to a couple? Beside a wall? Why is the girl so familiar?
I slowly went near them and turns out to be it was none other than Kiara! Who's he? He's her boyfriend? When did such things happen? I went towards them and pushed the boy far away! As he fell down, Kiara fell on me. What? Am I dreaming? She looked towards me and smiled??????
She laughed and held my hand. Am I in a dream right now? She took me to the place where it had packets of colours! She took one of them and smeared it on my cheeks giving up almost all her body weight on me. I stumbled for a while but then balanced both of us.

"Happy Holi... Yash..."

She said.. her eyes almost closing and opening. Is she high? I brought my face close to hers. But she immediately backed off, holding her lips.

"Did I do something? Maine kuch Kiya na abhi?"
(Did I do something? I did something now?")

She asked me. She is high on 'bhaang'.
Being like this she won't be safe here. I held her hand and tried taking her to a safer place. We were on the way when she suddenly dragged me inside a narrow corridor, where almost no one were present. She left my hand and went more deep into this.

"Woohoo!!! Look! Yaha pe kitna sundar nazara hai! Har taraf mere fav flowers! Lotuses!!!!! Aur waha dekho! The stars! Oh goddd!!! The moon!!! I love this world!"
(Woohoo!!! Look! This view is so beautiful! Everywhere its my fav flowers! Lotuses!!!!! And look!! The stars!!! Oh godd!!!! The moon!!! I love this world!!)

I was confused currently because all I could see was a black wall in front of her. She turned around.

"Maine abhi wapas kuch bola kya?"
(Did I say something now?)

She asked. Okay... She is completely high on bhaang!
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW