PROLOGUE

Humans. Its funny how I say that when I used to be one myself, or maybe I still am, I don't know anymore. What really happens after death? Is there really heaven or hell, like how the Christians put it, or does one reincarnate into another form based on past deeds, a Hindu belief, or do we simply cease to exist, game over? Since the beginning of time, we have wandered this way, and lucky for me, I know the answer now. Trust a girl who has experienced both life and death.

Mortals should be grateful for every minute they spend on this earth. Why waste precious years, minutes, and seconds hating when you could just be happy for yourself?

"We have to go" the white lady said to me, and I nodded, heading over to the dark cloud that roared loudly. The wind was powerful, blowing my now black hair into the air as the dark cloud struck its red lightning bolts down anything in its path.What was once a great city was nothing but crumbles and ashes as the smell of the burning rubble infiltrated my nostrils. Grabbing the book tightly we ran towards the Destroyer.

"Are you sure you can do this, human? We have lost way too many people already; I don't want this to be another mistake," the blue-haired man said, grasping his bleeding right arm that was torn so badly you could see the bone.His right wing was broken. And it didn't help that he was healing either. None of them were. It didn't matter whether or not I could do this; I had to. I had to stop it before the universe turned back into nothing but a black void. I had nothing to lose at this point; I had already lost half of myself. The image of his being evaporating into tiny black ashes played in my head, the pain coming back to remind me of my mistake. And even though he knew he was gone, all he could do was smile. I wish I had smiled more before I died. I guess I have the chance...

Word count: 356

Word count: 356

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.