21

Sunlight trickles in through the blinds, the rays hitting my face making a groan to escape my lips

Sunlight trickles in through the blinds, the rays hitting my face making a groan to escape my lips. I force my eyelids open and sit up on the bed, letting out a loud yawn.

I haven’t slept well in so long. It could be the soft comfortable bed or the fact that my nightmares are gone or the fact that I was wearing Aran's sweatshirt and the smell of him chased away the negativity.

Who knows?

Running my fingers through my tangled mess of a hair, I got down from the bed and walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a nice long refreshing shower. Just as I dry myself off and tie the towel around my body, a knock resounds on the door.

I let out a sigh and make my way towards the door, opening it and expecting to see Aran standing behind it with a frown on his face but instead, I see a middle aged woman with a warm inviting smile on her face.

"Um....I'm sorry.....Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Laura. The housekeeper. Nice to meet you Ms. Horton. My boss informed me that you would be staying here for a while and insisted that I bring you some clothes to wear." She says, handing me a couple of shopping bags that contained several outfit in them. "I hope they are to your liking. The boss sent a few men out this morning to get them so I'm not sure if they picked right."

I stare at the clothes with wide eyes and shook my head. "No, it's okay. This is just....too much. I think I will just wear my clothes instead."

"I'm afraid I can't take it back, Ms. Horton." She says with an apologetic smile. "The boss told me you would likely say that and I should tell you to wear it or else he may just have to come up here and put it on you himself."

Damn him! I let out a few curses under my breath and force a smile on my lips. "Thanks, Laura."

She nods, "He also said you should come down for breakfast in the next five minutes." With that being said, she walks away.

Why does that man keep frustrating me? Why can't he just leave me alone?

I slam the door and march over to the huge bed, dumping the whole content of the bag on the soft mattress. I decide to put on Jean shorts and a black T-shirt after several minutes of contemplation. I brush my hair, leaving it to fall on my shoulders to dry on its own and walked out of the room to the elevator.

When the doors slid open to reveal the spacious living room, I scan the place in search of the kitchen and decide to follow the scent of French toast and Pancakes.

My mouth waters instantly at the different food that fills the dining table. Some I've eaten before and some I haven't even heard of. My stomach growls at the delicious sight.

Aran, who's seated at the head of the table, gestures for me to sit at his right hand. That's when I finally notice the two boys seated by the table as well.