Chapter 1: Back to the part

Cari

I always thought that I was normal.

Thought.

But it wasn't normal to have a condition that makes parts of your skin lighter that others.

My mother told me that if people talked behind my back they were jealous.

Jealous?

Pff don't make me laugh.

They weren't jealous they were disgusted. I found out in my last year of highschool that this wasn't normal and people didn't like it at all.

I was walking to my class and most of the time I was the last. Someone aparently knew that and decided to put up a "prank".

That's what it was for them..
A stupid little prank.

For me it was humiliating. That wasn't the worst part. One of them said: "I bet she thinks that we are jealous of her, always walking around like she is the queen. But guess what? You are nothing. You are ugly and I bet someone would rather die that date you."

Everyone laughed.

It crushed me and at first I was mad at my mom for not telling me. We had a big fight.

I don't really like admiting that I am wrong but that was my fault.

I said some pretty bad things and after that we cut contacts.

I really miss her.. Her hugs, her couraging words, her smile.
But it's for the best, after all I was just a burden.

I was lucky tho and highschool was nearly finished. So I decided to crash for the time that was left at my friends house.

After that I went to college, taking the loans and starting to study science.