042. blast from the past

chapter xlii

chapter xlii. 
blast from the past

They took Nancy's car this time, Steve's wouldn't house them all but Nancy's did. Belly and Max sat in the back row with Steve, Robin and Nancy in the front whilst Dustin and Lucas were banished to the back. 

Isabella held Max's hand as the red head rested her head onto Isabella's shoulder, her eyes shutting, music blasting in her ears. The closer they got to the Creel household, Belly felt more on edge, more uneasy. The power only got stronger, the creepiness. And when they pulled up outside, they found that it was almost stuck in the fifties. No one had changed it, brought it, or anything like that. The front garden was unkept, overgrown and grass sprouted through the cracks in the concrete steps out the front of the house. 

All given torches and walkie-talkies, the group made the journey up to the front of the house. Over the years, it's become run down, windows smashed and bordered up. Kids have tried to break in, dared one another to go up to the doorstep where the rickety rocking chair is, and knock on the door. 

Belly had heard of all the rumours that happened in the house, stories, all different every time but each time, they blamed Victor for it all and from what Nancy and Robin told them, it was Vecna. 

"Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve mumbled staring up at the rickety old house that swayed in the wind. They grabbed hammers and Nancy and Steve got to work breaking the board off the door, pulling the nails out and discarding them, "What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" The Harrington asked. 

"We're not sure." Nancy responded, "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Because Max say it in Vecna's red soup mind world?"

"Basically."

"Great."

Isabella believes that any clues that could lead them closer to Vecman is good, all of them would be good leads, the smallest or the biggest. "Maybe it's a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max."