25) Valentina

"How do you feel?" Demi puts his hand on my thigh as it bops up and down

I was scared like hell. It didn't help that right in front of me was the man I hated - Mateo.

Mateo arrived earlier than necessary and told us what the plan was. I'm presuming from my great brain skills that Demi told him the bits and bobs.

The limo was tight, and all I wanted to do was throw up. I couldn't, though, because my face was expensive today.

Makeup makes me feel cool as Po from Kung Fu Panda.

"It's awfully quiet," Mateo exclaims.

No one responds to him.

"Valentina, you're always talking. What's up now?" He questions. I look at the ground.

The man who wanted me gone was now trying to do small talk. This was all so weird.

"Sick," I reply shortly.

"Too bad," Mateo remarks, however, under every word was something else.

Demi squeezes my leg, and a hint of pink touches me.

"Mateo, please refrain from talking to my girlfriend," Demi states harshly.

Girlfriend. We never spoke about labels, and for some time, I just thought this was some fling.

I sound like a freak for overthinking so much, but it's hard when circumstances are complicated.

"Girlfriend," I whisper in his ear.

"Too much?" He responds back in the same tone, but before I could ask, Mateo annoyingly barks in.

I used the word bark as you can see, I thoroughly dislike him.

"Well, tonight she's my wife, so you can say goodbye to your girlfriend," he replies with a smile hidden.

"Stop trying to get a reaction out of Demetrius," I defend him, and Mateo looks taken aback.

Yeah, try me, mother trucker.

Suddenly the limo stops, and Mateo smirks at me. We walk out together.

Photographers attack us, but I kept looking back for Demi, and there he stood.

"Don't talk about any of the mafia stuff that happens. If questions are asked, talk about my business, okay?" He whispers in my ear.

As he says this, another flick.

"Valentina, this is your first time here, yes?" I'm questioned on the spot.

"Yes, and I'm super excited to have fun!" I smile with glee.

Suddenly, a roar of responses comes back.

"There was a shooting outside of–" Before the reporter could continue his sentence, Mateo pulled me away, and Demi barged into them all.