Chapter 11-Spooky

When they arrived back at the Wheeler house El laid down on the sofa leaning against Rosie as the others stood around the basement.

"What was Will saying? Like home, like home" he repeated to himself trying to remember anything he could. "but dark?"

"And empty"

"Empty and cold. Wait did he say cold?" Dustin questioned.

"I don't know the stupid radio kept going in and out" Lucas pointed out annoyed.

"Let's focus on what we do know" Oliver said trying to steer the boys away from being so negative.

"It's like riddles in the dark" Dustin sighed looking to the ceiling completely ignoring what Oliver had said.

"Like home?" Mike repeated again "Like his house?"

"Maybe like Hawkins" Rosie suggested.

"Upside down" El mumbled from her spot next to Rosie.

"What did she say?" Lucas asked the others confused.

"Upside down" Mike repeated something once again making Oliver groan. "Upside down"

"Please stop repeating everything you sound crazy"

"When El showed us where Will was she flipped the board over remember?" Mike demonstrated as he sat at the small D&D table. "Upside down. Dark. Empty"

"Now you sound even more crazy" Oliver sighed as he sat across from his brother who gave him a short glare.

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asked the other boys who simply shook their heads.

"Guys,cmon think about" Mike told his friends causing Rosie to gently get up from El and go over to them so she could get a better look at what they were discussing. "When El took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?" Mike reminded them.

"Yeah and he wasn't there" Lucas reminded his friend.

"But what if he was there? What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side?"

"That's a lot of 'what if's' Mike" Rosie pointed out as the others thought about what Mike had suggeted.

"Hear me out Rosie what if this is Hawkins and.." Mike then flipped the D&D board around so the plain black side was facing up again. "this is where Will is? The Upside Down"

"Spooky" Oliver commented making Rosie shake her head and smile at him from where she stood behind Dustin.

"Like the Vale of Shadows" Dustin put together making the boys and Rosie all look at each other with the slightly disturbing realisation while Oliver was slightly confused.

"I'm sorry I haven't played this game in a while, remind me of the Vale of Shadows" he asked.

Dustin then flipped open his D&D manual and flicked through till he found the page where the book explained what it was.

As he read it out Rosie gulped slightly at the thought of Will possibly being somewhere so dangerous. "So it's an alternate dimension" Rosie spoke lowly.